Lawyer - Fixed Term
AXA IM - Real Assets are a global leader in real assets investment with c. €105 billion of assets under management, the number one property portfolio and asset manager in Europe, and one of the largest worldwide (https://realassets.axa-im.com).
Our international Global Legal team composed of 14 lawyers is looking for a property lawyer to join the real estate legal team (6 persons) able to:
- Globally assist and provide legal guidance to the business teams and transversaly support the different support functions in carrying out all legal, regulatory and contractual aspects of our real estate investment, asset management and development activities, performed in 20 countries including the United Kingdom,
- Evaluate and weight multiple inputs/impacts of decisions/course of action and identifying proactive solutions to mitigate risks
- Ensure harmonization of practices across the businesses and countries.
- Assisting and providing operational legal guidance to all business teams (i.e., transactions, asset management, development) on:
- the structuring of investments through separate accounts mandate, club deals,
- a wide range of cross border and local, direct or indirect transactions (share deals, asset deals, cross-border portfolios, joint-ventures ) with a real estate underlying
- agreements related to the management of the investments throughout the entire investment cycle (asset management agreements, advisory agreements, …)
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on any type of document relating to the business/support functions activities involving AXA IM - Real Assets entities or its clients as well as issuing appropriate templates
- Selecting, managing and monitoring of and liaising with the external lawyers/outside legal counsel and monitoring of their fees.
- Managing claims, complaints and litigations in relation with the activities
- Qualified England and Wales lawyer
- Experience in Real Estate practices
- Fluent English
- Ability to deal with a diverse and multi cultural group of people in different jurisdictions
- Assertive and business solution oriented
- Able to work autonomously based on regular guidance from the team members
- Team player but self-motivated with tenacity and enthusiasm to evolve in a challenging environment.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.