We’re looking for a positive and experienced Scrum Master to join the team at AXA IT Team.
Reporting to a Scrum Lead, the role will manage activities in the Agile process for the successful delivery of projects, working with the business, developers, testers, business analysts, architects and a project management office as required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in Scrum practices, experience in Waterfall and Agile based development methodologies and experience in integrating with external/third party systems.
- Ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your team’s activities
- Proven track record of building and motivating teams within an agile environment
- Your background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist the Scrum Master team
- You will join a team of diverse skills and experience, the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently deliver results on both departmental and business projects
- Co-ordinate team activities and work schedules. Align with project and release planning.
- Show flexibility in working with changing requirements and priorities, while managing own task list and time
- Support and contribute to a culture of continuous improvements
- Support and develop coaching and mentoring practices on agile/scrum practices at an organisational level
- Ensure integration solutions are delivered in a timely, cost-effective manner, with a high degree of quality, while meeting business expectations
- Be effective in influencing, incorporating and understanding Group and UK initiatives that may impact or be beneficial to AXA Ireland
At least 5 years’ experience in Scrum practices
Proven background to lead, motivate and develop technical teams
Understanding and experience of Waterfall and Agile based development methodologies, particularly on large scale projects.
Collaborative working style to work with business partners and non-IT based customers
Experience in integrating with external / third party systems
Availability to work occasional weekends and on after-hours projects.
Professional qualifications desirable but not essential
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
We know an engaged workforce is a successful workforce. That’s why we offer excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people, making AXA a great place to work. Visit our careers page to find out more.