Lead React Native Engineer
React Native Lead Software Engineer- FTC
Salary up to £90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are looking for a Lead React Native Engineer on an inital 12 month Fixed Term Contract to join our friendly and supportive IT engineering team at AXA Health.
We have a comfortable and modern office environment with the potential to work remotely and to flex your hours.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a new agile team building our next generation of mobile applications, where your proven leadership, mentoring and influencing skills, ability to work with stakeholders and love of the agile process will be an asset.
- Lead the technical design, testing, implementation and delivery of mobile and web applications using continuous delivery and agile best practices.
- Lead, support and mentor the development team including several junior members.
- Day to day hands-on coding
- Support continuous improvement initiatives within the team and across the IT department.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Extensive working knowledge of a good variety of full stack delivery technologies with a focus on React Native
- Experience working with the following:
Redux, axios, Typescript
Apple / Android app store processes
- Excellent in depth understanding of BDD, TDD and SOLID principles.
- Extensive experience with mobile and web application development and deployment.
- At least 5 years proven relevant work experience in a similar role.
We value engineers who are driven, motivated and keen to learn. We expect all engineers to work well with others, respect opinions and strive for continual improvement.
Our Engineers work directly with various stakeholders and must therefore be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
We value an innovative approach to problem solving and the ability to pick up new technologies and languages.
Knowledge of current industry trends in programming and evidence of self-learning is also a highly valued asset.
Ideally Degree level but not essential
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA Group.
Whatever our customers’ health goals, we help them get there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that’s holding them back, or finding them the right specialist to take their treatment forward.
Our team are experts in their fields: from experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can be.
When you join us, you’ll find an open and supportive environment, where everyone is encouraged to be true to themselves. We listen to one another and keep our minds open, so that we can challenge our perspective and grow our understanding. We’re always ready to improve our work environment, and we stand up for what we believe in, because we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers everywhere.
Here is also a small selection of our current benefits:
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- 25 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
- Share Plan Scheme Flexible benefits scheme
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
- 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
• Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
• Up to 50% off PureGym membership
• 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
• Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
• Discounted shopping vouchers scheme
• Free LinkedIn Learning access
• Professional Qualification support