We are looking for an experienced Data Modeller to join our AXA IT Team.
Reporting to the IT Data Manager, and joining a supportive, dedicated IT team, AXA wants to leverage better customer analytics, marketing and analysis by improving the understanding and structure of the data resources it has.
AXA is moving to a cloud based architecture in Azure and requires someone to help design clear data structures for the business and IT to use that pull data from multiple source systems in real time and batch load. Owning and being involved in projects which will cover real time data feeds, Web interactions, data analytics and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in a related discipline, hands on exposure to a range of data modelling tools and an experience of Agile based development methodologies.
- Lead and support the development of data models by providing business analysis and organization skills.
- Produce and publish data models and metadata which helps everyone understand the data - where it comes from, what it means.
- Serve as a reference and authority on the process of data modelling and ensure consistency with existing data models and data architectures, published standards and guidelines. Participate in and support design discussions, sharing the knowledge and increasing alignment
- Organize working sessions to gather requirements from various SMEs and analyse overall business needs, collaborate, and work across teams, programs and business areas
- Perform development or maintenance work on data models, data dictionaries, flowcharts, designs and other artifacts to meet with standards
- Integration with enterprise data architecture
- Conduct data analysis and capture data requirements
- Create data dictionaries and metadata around data elements
- Work with business reps to understand and derive meaningful data relationships and translate them into appropriate data models.
- Analyse and design change requirements, ability to estimate impact and effort
- Collaborate across integrated domains to ensure business consistency in data representation and interpretation
- Participate in and support data-centric initiatives: data governance, data quality, data warehousing, master data management, etc…
This role requires strong technical skills, as well as business knowledge and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to work closely with sponsors, business owners and analysts on requirements and use case design.
- Degree or equivalent in IT, Computing, or similar discipline
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related discipline
- Hands on exposure across several data modelling tools, modelling levels (conceptual, logical, physical) and notations (ERD, ORM, UML, etc.)
- Experience of business capability modelling, and high-level business process modelling is beneficial
- Understanding and experience of Agile based development methodologies
- Experience of working with business partners and non-IT based customers
- Experience in integrating with external / third party systems
- Understanding of IT Security
We are not accepting agency submissions at this time.Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
We know an engaged workforce is a successful workforce. That’s why we offer excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people, making AXA a great place to work. Visit our careers page to find out more.