AXA are currently searching for their next Senior Developer to join their IT team in Droitwich and Coventry.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the code and platform that make up our Global Dealer Networking platform which is in constant use by clients worldwide. The platform has a foundation in traditional technologies including Asp.net Web forms, and TSQL, AJAX, JQuery, while over recent years the team has begun to incorporate Angular, .NET CORE and AWS technologies , to enable the building of newer functionality within the platform, allowing it to continue to lead in our marketplace.
You’ll take full responsibility of tasks and projects assigned to you and leading these project both from a technical and delivery perspective, liaising with relevant internal and external parties throughout. Delivering each project using the appropriate methodology and technology, providing feedback and advice on technical aspects. As a Senior Developer, you may occasionally be required to ‘act up’ and support the CIO. This may involve providing technical leadership and effectively manage, and monitor the software development team, and attendance of meetings in the CIO’s absence and providing feedback.
What else will I be doing?
- Communicate and collaborate with Global Insurance Management (GIM) and their clients to agree the scope and detail of a project
- Ensure source controls are used, and make certain that your code meets development standards, and is commented and documented thoroughly in line with industry standards and business expectations.
- Occasionally act as a bridge between non-technical staff/clients and the development team to translate their requirements and suggestions into technical specifications for use within the development team. Create prototypes for client engagements as required and assist with design insight and development.
- Ensure usability and performance are integral considerations during every project, as is attention to quality assurance, testing, and compliance with regulations provided by the bodies under which clients of the platform operate. Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Drive a positive experience through the development team, foster a culture of continuous improvement, and quickly resolve resource and prioritisation conflicts within your own workload.
- Clearly communicate and prioritise multiple tasks effectively, ultimately leading to timely and effective decision making. Ensure the Development Manager remains informed of development statuses and efforts of the team on individual tasks.
You’ve got detailed knowledge and understanding of the full development lifecycle, including exposure to Oracle, SQL Server, Business Objects, Intranet development. You have a degree in IT (or equivalent). Project management experience and/or qualification is desirable but not essential.
You have demonstrable experience in the following
- Working with complex database concepts and effectively employing different database design techniques
- Developing internal documents and procedures
- Writing of effective stored procedures/Views/Functions/SSIS packages.
You’re able to take responsibility and ownership of your own decisions, having the courage to make constructive suggestions for change. Also understand the expectations set by our internal and external clients, identifying when things go wrong which could affect delivery. Being a team player is easy for you, you’re able to inspire your co-workers to attain goals and embrace new ideas.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
You’ll probably know a bit about AXA already. But AXA Partners? As our name suggests, we partner with – and represent – Business Partners and deliver tailored solutions on their behalf to support, protect and assist their customers. We are 9,200 committed people across the globe, providing exceptional service, comfort and security to our partners’ customers every single day.
AXA Global Insurance Management (GIM) Underwriting team are currently recruiting for an organised, process driven Reporting Analyst to join their team!
GIM designs and underwrites insurance products and solutions worldwide for leading brands and companies. Our in-house developed platform allows these products to be sold and managed around the world in more than 52 countries and 47 languages!
AXA UK have just been awarded the 24th Best Place to Work in the UK award by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here and what a great place it is to work! As an award-winning company we offer outstanding benefits.
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Holiday up to 25 days + bank holidays
• AXA Private healthcare
• Death in Service