Axa are looking for a Report Writer to join their IT team in Coventry.
The Report Writer will be part of the Global Insurance Management (GIM) team.
As the new Report Writer, you’ll be responsible for providing data analysis and reporting of the underlying data held within our Global Dealer Networking software which is used continuously by our clients worldwide. You will use your technical skill to liaise with colleagues and turn company and client requests into comprehensive reporting and analysis.
With your understanding of data analysis, you’ll be able to extract, manipulate and analyse data and develop the reports and solutions that keep our departments running efficiently. Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio (utilising SSRS) and Microsoft Excel (using Pivot Tables) to create these reports and confidently extract informational data for ad-hoc reporting using SQL queries and be confident in writing and working with stored procedures.
What else will I be doing?
- Take responsibility of tasks and projects assigned to you, liaising with relevant parties to ensure a thorough understanding of what is expected of your deliverables
- Drive a positive experience through the team, foster a culture of continuous improvement and quickly resolve resource and prioritisation conflicts within your own workload.
- Communicate and collaborate with the team to understand any tasks you are unsure of, before scheduling the work alongside your other commitments to ensure on time delivery of the results.
- Adjust quickly to the changing needs of our clients and the market, to ensure our products continue to lead within our industry. Embrace change and adapt to it.
- Ensure industry and regulatory standards and best practice are adhered to
- Adopt new and emerging technologies where appropriate and share your knowledge.
- Analyse thoroughly. Plan comprehensively. Timescale realistically. Manage effectively. Deliver on time, every time.
You’re an experienced report writer who is educated to a degree level in IT (or equivalent), you posses the ability to write in SQL to a high standard to create and alter stored procedures, views, cursors & functions.
You have demonstrable knowledge and experience in the following
- Experience with SSRS and the creation of SSIS packages and it’s development lifecycle and processes
- A working knowledge of Data Warehousing implementation and up-keep, across multiple servers.
- DB Performance, health and efficiency via monitoring
- Good understanding of DB infrastructure
You’re a very positive person who is able to inspire those around them. Your analytical approach helps when solving any problems you encounter, especially when the expected standards (set by both internal and external clients) aren’t met resulting in affected delivery. You embrace change and actively seek out feedback, encouraging fellow co-workers to make innovative contributions for change.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
You’ll probably know a bit about AXA already. But AXA Partners? As our name suggests, we partner with – and represent – Business Partners and deliver tailored solutions on their behalf to support, protect and assist their customers. We are 9,200 committed people across the globe, providing exceptional service, comfort and security to our partners’ customers every single day.
AXA Global Insurance Management (GIM) Underwriting team are currently recruiting for an organised, process driven Reporting Analyst to join their team!
GIM designs and underwrites insurance products and solutions worldwide for leading brands and companies. Our in-house developed platform allows these products to be sold and managed around the world in more than 52 countries and 47 languages!
AXA UK have just been awarded the 24th Best Place to Work in the UK award by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here and what a great place it is to work! As an award-winning company we offer outstanding benefits.
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Holiday up to 25 days + bank holidays
• AXA Private healthcare
• Death in Service