The US CRE Debt Group is responsible for originating and managing privately-placed commercial real estate debt (commercial mortgages, mezzanine loans, and B-notes) on behalf of its clients. The position will focus on financial modeling and analysis, asset valuation, asset and market due diligence, assisting in the preparation of client recommendations and other special projects.
- Assist senior personnel in analysing and underwriting new loan opportunities and refinances of existing loans.
- Review and understanding of underlying loan documentation.
- Review and understanding of underlying tenant leases, ground leases, easements and other documentation that impacts property cash flow and value.
- Prepare drafts of investment recommendations/ loan summary reports for senior personnel review which include a collateral summary, loan terms summary, property condition review, market analysis, overview of tenancy, summary of sponsorship, underwriting of loan collateral, notable investment risks and expected performance of the loan.
- Process borrower requests and prepare case recommendations for senior personnel review including requests for loan modifications, loan assumptions, easements, casualty and condemnation awards, future advances, reserve disbursements, construction draws, lease and SNDA reviews, partial releases, property manager changes, and loan payoffs.
- Interface with Brokers and Borrowers to monitor loan status and manage and update a pipeline report detailing status of active requests.
- Monitor assets identified as high risk/low rated, provide a monthly updated summary of property financial performance, market performance, and expected outcome/resolution for asset including any projected losses.
- Review property and guarantor financials and prepare summary reports for senior personnel review.
- Conduct physical inspections of loan collateral and prepare inspection reports.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses at the direction of the senior personnel.
Bachelor of arts, science, or Bachelor of Business Administration. Course work in economics, business administration, finance, accounting, urban planning, mathematics and real estate are all beneficial
- 0 to 3 years of related finance and real estate experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Computer skills necessary to perform the job include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience with Argus.
- 10%-20% travel may be required.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.