Scrum Master Team Lead
We’re looking for a positive and experienced Scrum Master Lead to join the team at AXA IT Team.
Reporting to an Applications Development Manager, the scrum master lead will be responsible for driving the evolution of agile capability in IT and the business in AXA Ireland as well as involvement in project activity.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in Scrum practices, a strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile based development methodologies and an ability to lead within a team.
- The role has primary responsibility for leading a team of scrum masters responsible for implementing changes on AXA Ireland business platforms. Responsibilities include leading and coordinating application development teams to support on-time delivery of business projects and/or initiatives
- They will report to the Development Manager and have ongoing interaction with all teams in IT, the AXA Ireland business, and develop relationships with equivalent roles in the region.
- Support and contribute to the design, definition and implementation of agile principles and work practices within IT and the business
- Influence and drive changes with senior business leaders in work practices and existing processes to deliver change successfully to the organisation
- Running the scrum master team and meeting KPI’s on performance and productivity will be a significant part of the role.
- Work closely with IT functional managers, project managers and other stakeholders to deliver initiatives and products utilizing agile methods
- Manage and facilitate the work of agile project teams, including capacity and resource planning, determine required staffing and skill levels and maintain a proper balance of staff and contract personnel
At least 5 years’ experience in Scrum practices
Proven background to lead, motivate and deliver technical projects via Agile methodologies.
Understanding and experience of Waterfall and Agile based development methodologies, particularly on large scale projects.
Collaborative working style to work with business partners and non-IT based customers.
Availability to work occasional weekends and on after-hours projects.
Strong technical problem-solving skills
Experience driving positive change in the team via process improvement
Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach, inspire and mentor a team
Experience in setting goals and focusing on results
Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
Proven track record of delivering scalable, efficient and reliable software services
Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends, developer preferences and challenges
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
We know an engaged workforce is a successful workforce. That’s why we offer excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people, making AXA a great place to work. Visit our careers page to find out more.