Strategic Technical Analyst, P&C Technical Underwriting
- To strengthen the technical capabilities of Technical Underwriting team by implementing best practices in portfolio monitoring, actual price-technical price (APTP) benchmarking, market analysis and insurance / reinsurance related studies
- Understand the various IT systems and how relevant data can be extracted from the systems
- Review and critique the past portfolio management analysis, and implement / recommend initiatives to enhance them
- Working closely with Pricing team to implement APTP benchmarking
- Develop a good understanding of the HK GI market and the various lines of business written in HK
- Stay up-to-date with new portfolio monitoring methodologies, underwriting related issues and reinsurance developments that will give AXA GI HK a competitive advantage
- Focus on and contribute to company’s / cross-AXA entities’ projects such as GI hub and other transformational projects
- Provide technical data analytics support to AXA HK as well as other AXA entities as required
- Provide analytics insight for new product development
- Strong collaboration with local teams, regional teams, Group and other AXA entities
- Self-driven on assigned initiatives
- Degree in actuarial science, mathematics or similar
- Preferably 1-2 years of work experience in in general insurance / reinsurance in the Asian market
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
- Able to work independently
- Literate in MS Office, Excel VBA and SAS
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.