Global Marketing Intern - RI and Institutional
The Global Marketing Intern will work in the Global Marketing Function and will partner with the global marketing and comms team, sales teams, local marketing teams and other internal teams to help raise the visibility of AXA Investment Managers and of key corporate themes (investing for the long-term, being responsible and making investment easier). The intern would also work on adhoc marketing projects to gain a wide experience of marketing communications and planning, for example providing support for the implementation of marketing campaigns both at a global and local level.
• Contribute to the implementation of the global marketing strategy to raise the visibility of AXA Investment Managers and of key corporate themes, as well as provide support as required on other key marketing initiatives such as RI strategic campaign
Main tasks / principal responsibilities:
• Help the global marketing manager to implement a number of marketing activities to raise the profile of AXA IM, this will include in particular:
- Help to implement our marketing strategy for Responsible Investing, which is key brand pillar for AXA Investment Managers. This will involve working in close partnership with the RI team, coms teams, and local marketing teams to develop a comprehensive cross-border marketing and comms plan.
- Help and work closely with tier one Institutional markets to implement Buy & maintain and RI campaign alongside a sound content distribution plan.
- Helping to deliver the marketing distribution strategy for our corporate thought leadership programme focusing on mega trends and for the market insights programme delivered by the Research & Investment Strategy team (R&IS)
- Help to deliver the concept of a portable global Symposium event, our corporate thought leadership event across key markets
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a number of global and local marketing projects to support our brand principles (investing for the long-term, being responsible and making investment easier)
- Coordinate production of AXA IM Outlook brochure, from design to distribution planning and other flagship publications such as Stewardship Report and TCFD
• Help the global segment marketing managers to deliver on strategic and sales campaigns, by providing support for the delivery of some activities such as email campaigns, delivery of content items, production of some quarterly videos, coordination of global events, updating global digital hubs, putting together result metrics, supporting UK institutional campaigns
• Help the brand and advertising team with some of their projects, support on brand level RI initiatives, working with agencies and support for looking at the competitor audit / landscape.
• Help the research & insights team with some of their projects, including creating AXA IM branded templates, the creation of email templates, building campaign distribution lists and reporting on metrics through the campaign management tool.
• Help the global marketing team to increase further its profile and facilitate access to a global marketing content repository, this will involve taking responsibility for producing our internal monthly newsletter as well and being key in helping to maintain our global marketing sharepoint and ensuring the RI segment is up to date
• Suggest/implement new processes, procedures or practices that help the team become a more efficient and effective resource for the AXA IM business.
• Help manage the team’s overall efficiency by helping to prepare meetings as well as maintaining workflows and pipeline documents as and when relevant. Including help managing budgets in terms of raising PO, processing invoices etc
• Structured development: The candidate will have the opportunity to shadow marketing managers over the course of the placement, to learn more about, and contribute to, global marketing strategy and execution within an international fund management business.
• Skills-based development: Over time the candidate will also take ownership of ad hoc marketing projects to develop project management and broader communications skills. The candidate will also be expected to develop investment knowledge and understanding of the fund management industry as a whole through exposure to fund management and investment sales teams
Key Technical Skills, Experience and Essential Qualifications:
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for marketing communications
• Strong command of the English language, written and spoken
• Previous experience/interest in financial markets/asset classes helpful
• Very strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong numeracy
• Team player
• Creative and enthusiastic self-starter
• Knowledge of an additional language, an additional benefit
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €801bn in assets as of the end of 2019. We employ about 2,360 people around the world and operate out of 28 offices split across 20 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.