Specialist/Senior Specialist, IT Architect (12 months)
- The IT architect is accountable for proactively and holistically supporting EA activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to cost efficiency, disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
- Provide the necessary analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solutions architecture.
- This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but also processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives.
- Leverage and use technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes.
Scope of activities
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Assist to define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Assist in design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Assist in development of a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) and/or Digital team to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
Experience and Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Decent understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Good interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of some components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Good understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Proven ability to work well with others
AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 108 million clients in 57 countries.
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sgDiscover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.