Core Global Marketing Intern – Retail and Wholesale
The Core Global Marketing Intern will work in the Core Global Marketing Function and will partner with the core global marketing and coms team, sales teams, local marketing teams and other internal teams to help raise the visibility of AXA Investment Managers and of key corporate themes (investing for the long-term, being responsible and making investment easier). The intern would also work on adhoc marketing projects to gain a wide experience of marketing communications and planning, for example providing support for the implementation of marketing campaigns both at a global and local level.
• Contribute to the implementation of the global marketing strategy to raise the visibility of AXA Investment Managers and of key corporate themes, as well as provide support as required on other key marketing initiatives such as global campaigns
Main tasks/ principal responsibilities:
• Help the global marketing manager to implement a number of marketing activities to raise the profile of AXA IM, this will include in particular:
- Help with leveraging the results from our own proprietary end investor survey for key markets, in close conjunction with key stakeholders and local marketing teams
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a number of global and local marketing projects to support our brand principles (investing for the long-term, being responsible and making investment easier)
• Help to deliver on strategic and sales campaigns, by providing support for the delivery of some activities such as email campaigns, delivery of content items, production of videos, coordination of global events, updating global digital hubs, putting together result metrics, support the campaign manager in overall management and delivery of the campaigns (Fixed Income and Multi Asset).
• Work with the brand and advertising team top deliver across hey channel such as advertising, content and video syndication and PPC. While providing support on researching the competitor audit / landscape.
• Work with the research & insights team to deliver the global and UK email strategy including the creation of email templates, building campaign distribution lists and reporting on metrics through the campaign management tool.
• Work with Global Marketing Agencies in order to deliver key assets to support the campaigns and local marketing plans. Including, briefing, reviewing and validating content.
• Help the global marketing team to increase further its profile and facilitate access to a global marketing content repository, this will involve taking responsibility for producing our internal monthly newsletter as well and being key in helping to maintain our global marketing sharepoint
• Suggest/implement new processes, procedures or practices that help the team become a more efficient and effective resource for the AXA IM business.
• Help manage the team’s overall efficiency by helping to prepare meetings as well as maintaining workflows and pipeline documents as and when relevant.
• Help the UK and Global teams to efficiently and effectively manage their budgets
Raising PO, updating budget spreadsheets and confirming actual spend etc.
• Structured development: The candidate will have the opportunity to shadow marketing managers over the course of the placement, to learn more about, and contribute to, global marketing strategy and execution within an international fund management business.
• Skills-based development: Over time the candidate will also take ownership of ad hoc marketing projects to develop project management and broader communications skills. The candidate will also be expected to develop investment knowledge and understanding of the fund management industry as a whole through exposure to fund management and investment sales teams.
Key Technical Skills, Experience and Essential Qualifications:
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for marketing communications
• Strong command of the English language, written and spoken
• Previous experience/interest in financial markets/asset classes helpful
• Very strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong numeracy
• Team player
• Creative and enthusiastic self-starter
• Knowledge of an additional language, an additional benefit
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €801bn in assets as of the end of 2019. We employ about 2,360 people around the world and operate out of 28 offices split across 20 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.