Summer Internship (May - Aug 21): GI Actuarial (Valuation) Intern
The position contributes strengthening the Actuarial expertise of AXA Singapore as one of the main local market players and within the dynamic environment of a worldwide leading insurance group. Linking pricing, reserving, financial analysis, business planning and reinsurance is a key challenge for the department to ensure the company’s profitable growth and assist management in taking appropriate decisions.
An independent team member with a self-starter mindset, the intern within the Actuarial Valuation team is expected to lead data-driven projects and process improvements and assist other teams of the Actuarial department in their daily tasks in a punctual manner. It is a transversal role across GI Actuarial providing a wide exposure across the P&C and Health business, allowing the analyst to develop good business understanding across portfolios.
- Support in valuation activities, span across reserving, financial analysis and regulatory reporting
- Support integration & monitoring projects- Forecast models, Shield, PBPC monitoring, Monthly Actuarial Reserving Analysis, IFRS17 and other ad-hoc projects
- Support with gap analysis and financial impact analysis across P&C and Health business
- Collaborate closely with other business and pricing teams on the busines planning and financial monitoring activities
- Assist the Valuation teams (Reserving, Financial Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Projects) in their monthly Business As Usual tasks
- Studying actuarial science, economics, statistics, mathematics or equivalent
- High proficiency in excel
- At least intermediate working knowledge of VBA
- Good communication skills and ability to learn on the job
- Student in second year of undergraduate studies onwards
- High proficiency in VBA / Python
- Demonstrated involvement/interest in non-academic pursuits
AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, and the world’s leading insurance brand for the tenth consecutive year, with 171,000 employees serving 105 million clients in 61 countries.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sg.
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
Discover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.
The AXA Corporate Internship Program is designed to allow our interns to gain valuable experience and skills. In addition to exposure in a relevant field of work, you can look forward to the following perks:
- Take part in the AXA Intern Challenge where you get to work on providing solutions to real and purposeful business cases
- Network and learn through a specially designed Mentorship program
- Pick up new knowledge and skills through our free Master Classes
- Give back to the community through our Corporate Social Responsibility Week activities
- Participate in exciting and competitive games during AXA Olympics event
- Free medical checkup and Wellness activities