Underwriter & Business Data Analyst
AXA Partners is dedicated to providing solutions (insurance, reinsurance and services) in Service & Assistance and Specialized Insurance.
The Underwriter & Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Underwriting – Service & Assistance and Specialized Insurance
- Applies standard rates and calculates premiums on new business, renewals and endorsements related to the Underwriting unit. Assesses risk and pricing to ensure company value and ensures underwriting policies, procedures and guidelines are in compliance with the AXA Partners Group UW guidelines.
- Insurance Pricing
- Provides analysis for the full range of activities related to insurance pricing. Builds models and projections to enable the business to generate consistent and sound prices for product changes, new production introductions and other price-related changes. Designs, implements and maintains pricing to support and inform business activities and decisions.
- Pricing new risks on request of commercial teams and external partners (brokers).
- Maintain the standardized pricing tool ensuring that all pricing data is collated from all AXA Partner insurance underwritten schemes and system and this is kept up to date with current performance on an ongoing basis.
- Create and maintain technical database to improve underwriting skills and knowledge on risks, which will provide the Underwriting team with a standardized view of burn costs and base pricing models for different risks / distribution channels.
- Portfolio Management Review
- Supporting Contract Analysis and Profitability Review ensuring quality of data following AXA Partners TEX methodology.
- Performance management of insurance schemes within AXA Partners insurance and service portfolio. Focus will be to ensure that schemes deliver the target loss ratios and any areas of under-delivery are highlighted, monitored and corrective actions suggested so as to improve the performance of the overall book.
- Actuarial reserving
- Assess and makes recommendations on the appropriate levels of outstanding claims reserves and other technical provisions.
- Support the Central Reserving team in charge to deliver the 1st and 2nd opinion of the PSAP.
- Performing periodical technical and reinsurance reports to AXA Partners group.
- Performing periodical permanent internal controls reports.
The jobholder will work closely with Finance teams, Commercial Account
Managers, Commercial back-office, Data Office (data management). There are currently no direct reports into this role.
The role is liaising with all key business line functions and senior management level.
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advance skills in MS Excel being desirable MS Access, SQL programming, statistical tools such as R and SAS, database structures, data warehouse, BI – Power BI.
- Ability to analyze underwriting performance to identify issues with the data and work with Finance, IT/Data Office and underwriting teams.
- Self-motivated, able to plan and prioritize workload in order to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with a willing, helpful and solution-oriented approach.
- Fluency in English (B2) and Spanish.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in relevant studies (Actuarial, Statistics and Mathematics)
- Underwriting qualifications would be an advantage.
- Proven experience and a successful track record within Assistance insurance sector.
- Possess 3-5 years of relevant working experience.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.