Information Protection Team Leader
Information Protection Team Leader
Location- Remote working an option with occations travel to office
Here in AXA Insurance our commitment and investment to support business growth continues and we have an exciting opportunity to join our Security Team, you can work remotely however but you will need to be commutable from one of our office locations such as Bolton, London, Weybridge, Bristol, Ipswich, Teesside, Weybridge
AXA UK is proud to have just been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here and we embrace smart working and are extremely happy to talk about flexible options that suit your needs.
This role has a primary responsibility for delivering Information Protection Monitoring as part of the wider Security Services & Assurance Team delivering business enabling Security Services across the AXA UK&I Operating Companies in an effective, timely, consistent and professional manner, as well as maintaining team governance, process, & procedure, and MI.
- Maintain a team of information protection analysts regarding governance, process, & procedure, and MI. Support design and delivery of training to OpCo local teams
- Responsible for providing Information Protection services, across AXA’s unstructured data environments including email, web, print, cloud etc.
- Maintain team utilisation and information protection service queuing.
- Act and advise on generated alerts from various Information protection monitoring systems and frameworks.
- Collaborate with entities to support the continuous improvement to the information protection rules (email, web, AIP & MCAS rulesets)
- Identify and report control gaps and associated security risks (at least monthly)
- Review and update Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Analyse regular reports to identify trends and key data classification metrics & prepare monthly Management Information (MI) pack for the Information Protection Forum to review, as well as adhoc requests.
- Engage with OpCo representatives to manage and escalate security incidents following agreed processes
- Create action plans to enhance controls based on data analysis and alerts triggered
- Maintain training and development of (junior) team members for information protection.
Skills & Knowledge
- Sound experience in Information Protection Monitoring, architectures, logging & monitoring tools, reporting metrics and risk management.
- Understanding of the workings of UK General Insurance.
- Very effective communication, interpersonal skills and behaviours.
- Strong knowledge of one or more sets of business processes, applications or key technologies (e.g. Networks, desktop and mid-range infrastructure, communication technologies) in use within the Company
- Good understanding of systems life cycles and project management.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, clearly identify key issues and present information concisely.
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts across the business.
- Ability to be Self Sufficient yet remain a team player.
- Previous business and / or IT security and risk experience in a large commercial organisation.
Good and demonstrable experience in an Information Security or Monitoring role
You should choose AXA if you feel like you can make a difference. We need people who are energetic and focused on delivering results for our customers. We want people who are entrepreneurial and want to get things done.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Power BI, Log Analytics, Cloud Security, AIP and MCAS very desirable but not essential.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CISSP, CISM, CRISC, MIISP desirable but not essential
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
- Annual Bonus Scheme.
- Joint contribution (‘money purchase’) pension scheme.
- Free Life Assurance (10 x basic salary)
- 28 days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
- Private medical insurance
- Structured personal development.
- Flexible benefits scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme.