Nurse Team Manager
At AXA Health, we’re looking for a Team Manager to join us on a permanent basis. As a Team Manager, you’ll develop, lead and manage a team of nurses, midwives and pharmacists who provide a 24/7 medical helpline service, Health at Hand, to support our members and their families. You’ll work predominantly from home with some travel to our Tunbridge Wells office and will be required to work shifts including evenings, nights and weekends to support the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer facing, emailing and speaking to our members about their medical, mental health and wellbeing concerns.
- Managing the team’s performance, development and HR matters.
- Identifying improvement and enhancement opportunities in your team and department, actively seeking and sharing ideas for innovation in business processes across operations, including contribution to initiatives.
- Provide support for colleagues both in the team and internal stakeholders who receive complaints from customers by any communication method.
- Co-ordinating training for the full Health at Hand team, acting as a mentor and coach to staff ensuring the development of skills and behaviours for the delivery of high-quality customer service.
- Taking ownership of complex call management or by coaching individuals to manage effectively. Use independent judgement and discretion to review and resolve complex case issues.
- Overseeing the team’s delivery of consistent high-quality call management, ensuring robust written and verbal communication is in place to prevent leakage and develop customer interaction.
- Registered General Nurse or BSc in nursing or Dual qualified Registered Mental Health nurse/General nurse, Registered Midwife/General nurse.
- Current registration with Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Case management experience of complex medical conditions or other clinician with relevant registration e.g Pharmacist.
- Substancial management experience across a wide range of teams and services with proven and effective coaching skills.
- Strong proven technical and commercial expertise within Private Medical Insurance.
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all levels and functions.
- Strong relationship management within and across departments.
- An excellent customer focus with excellent verbal and written skills.
- A good understanding and experience of Microsoft office.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA Group. Whatever our customers’ health goals, we help them get there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that’s holding them back, or finding them the right specialist to take their treatment forward. Our team are experts in their fields: from experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can be.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive salary of £38,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.