The Investment Accounting and Reporting Group is responsible for month-end close including bank reconciliations, journal entries, general ledger adjustments and financial and management reporting on behalf of our clients. The position will require a self-starter, problem solver and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
The key responsibilities
- Enter and maintain all client accounting data in the PeopleSoft general ledger including reconciling daily ledger activity with bank account activity
- Assist with the general ledger monthly, quarterly and year-end close process and related analysis and reporting
- Prepare bank and account reconciliations
- Prepare reconciliations between 3rd party loan servicing system, general ledger and client system
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets with a keen eye on accuracy and data integrity
- Prepare various data reports for transmission to clients and 3rd parties
- Assist with month and quarter-end client reporting, including updating tables, charts and spreadsheets
- Assist with ad hoc requests from internal management as well as the client
- Assist with fair value analysis and reporting, including updating internal management forms for reserves evaluation.
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor of arts, science, or Bachelor of Business Administration. Course work in accounting required
- Entry level position, interest in Accounting/Finance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer skills necessary to perform the job include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Access. Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft a plus
- No travel required
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.