The key accountabilities is to deliver specific solutions/ services that meet the business need, and ensure individual project objectives are met within the agreed scope, budget, schedule and expected quality. This entails managing diverse internal and external stakeholders including development, business analysts, architects and other contributors to project success.
This role will also manage stakeholders across the region through the change process and drive critical decision-making with sponsors (while keeping senior management informed) through the use of AXA’s Project Management standards and best practices.
- Project Management
- Produce project plans, business cases and budgets for approval by relevant sponsor/ committees to ensure that they are accurate (based on available information), optimised and implementable.
- Manage project to ensure project interdependencies and execution risk are minimized, and drive for effective & efficient implementation.
- Monitor project and implement measures to ensure improvements to project quality, risk, communication and change management plans.
- Outline clear roles and responsibilities within project for team members to ensure clear allocation of responsibilities and execution of project within agreed budget and timeline.
- Work in an
- Work closely with Project Financial Analysts to track project cost against budget
- People Management
- Provide coaching to team members and on-the-job training (as required).
- Prepare Individual Performance Assessment (project based) for team (i.e., Business Analysts) ensuring the inclusion of feedback on development needs and training requirements.
- Customer Contract Management
- Lead the development of project customer contracts such as Terms of Reference (TOR), etc. to ensure all input from other departments’ is captured in the contracts prior to submission for final project approval by AsiaIT.
- Project Governance
- Establish appropriate project governance – including Project Steering Committees, Design Authorities, working team group meetings, etc. to foster AsiaIT’s ability to make and meet its commitments and maximize the utilization of its resources by adhering to the governance principles in place.
- Change Management
- Manage sponsor’s expectations throughout the lifecycle of the initiative. Obtain buy-in from key stakeholders and senior management on the to-be model.
Manage project communication matters to ensure there is an adequate level of communication between all relevant parties within the initiative.
- Chair and facilitate project status/ design meetings to ensure that all issues are addressed during meetings and the meetings serve as a platform for brainstorming, decision-making and issue resolution.
- Secure appropriate level of support from country’s stakeholders and regional stakeholders to execute the change.
- PMO Operations
- Work collaboratively with Project PMO to deliver reporting in a timely manner
- Contract Management
- Secure appropriate level of support from Solution Delivery (AsiaIT, vendors, etc.) to ensure project activities executed on time and deliverables are of appropriate quality.
- Manage project vendor/s to ensure contracted deliverables are received on-time and to the expected standard of quality.
- Ensure contract administration in regards to deliverables, quality gating and vendor governance is executed in a timely manner.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 or Scaled Agile Framework or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
2+ years’ experience in managing regional projects (must have multi-country & multi-business line experience)
Project budget managed ~USD + 20K
Experience in leading and managing teams to successfully transition an application from development to production ~ (SDLC)
Experience in managing outsourced and offshore vendors
Experience in implementing change throughout an organisation
Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
Excellent inter-personal and negotiation skills
IT Graduate qualification
Experienced with application implementation using Agile methodology
Experience with large-scale transformation programmes/ projects (incl. business change management)
Experience with mentoring and coaching team members
Either ITIL or CMMI certified
Insurance experience preferred
This role requires a candidate who has the capability to work in a culturally diverse, dynamic environment and is delivery orientated. Strong communication skills are critical as is the ability to influence positive outcomes through negotiation with key stakeholders. Candidate should have practical experience in waterfall, iterative and agile implementation.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.