The purpose of the role is to manage and support all Operations related functions locally for Rosenberg Equities with one other team member; oversee the outsourced operations functions and relationship with Northern Trust locally.
• Manage the middle office outsourcing relationship with Northern Trust locally to ensure the Rosenberg Equities outsourced functions are properly carried out by Northern Trust and ensure the business teams’ needs relating to the outsourced functions are being met (e.g., attend service reviews on a regular basis and review monthly KPI data to ensure the service is in line with the agreed service level; track, follow up and resolve processing and servicing issues/inquiries both internally and with Northern Trust, etc.)
• Direct all aspects of operations-related functions including completion of daily operations tasks, oversight of Northern Trust, Northern Trust due diligence, account activities support, local committee participation (such as the US Performance and Valuation Sub-cmmittee), documentation of policies and procedures, performance and client reporting coordination, and project support on an as needed basis
• Ensure daily operations tasks are completed including monitoring trades, overdrafts, corporate actions, etc.; coordinate performance and client reporting; coordinate accounts transition activities; review weekly reconciliation reports received from Northern Trust; address pricing queries; monitor NAV validation, etc.
• Provide performance support (e.g., become fluent user of the Northern Trust performance tool, assist with month-end performance reporting, address local performance queries, etc.)
• Perform oversight controls processes for the outsourced functions including regular on-site and remote due diligence, updating outsourcing resilience plan, update service level agreement, etc.
• Contribute or manage ad hoc projects such as roll out of new service, products, strategies, instruments, client reporting requirements, etc.
• Stay abreast regulations, determine impact to business and coordinate implementation across Rosenberg Equities and AXA IM
• Document processes and procedures (e.g., to improve service level with Northern Trust, to decrease operations risk, etc.)
• Undergraduate Degree. Business Administration or a related field preferred
• Approximately 5+ years in the Asset Management industry and experience working in operations capacity with knowledge of post-trade processes for equity securities
• Middle office outsourcing vendor management experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Fluent in English
• Strong EXCEL, process documentation, project management skills, knowledge of relational databases and MS SQL server are preferred
• Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving capabilities and ability to exercise good judgment
• Excellent written & communication skills
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently in a dynamic environment and organize and prioritize workload to achieve desired results in a timely manner
• Interfacing/communicating effectively with global partners internally and externally (early morning calls with London and late afternoon call with the Asia are common)
• “Can do” mindset and positive attitude to changing environment
• Proactive and pragmatic decision making
• Be flexible, reliable, open minded to different cultures, team player and self-directed
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €801bn in assets as of the end of 2019. We employ about 2,360 people around the world and operate out of 20 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.