Business Coordinator – Advanced Middle Office support to the Front Office
The key objective of this role is to provide coordination and development of Trading and Securities Financing (TSF) activities, on all operational aspects in particular, with a view to enhance straight-through processing and electronic connectivity. Duties will include:
- Liaising with key business units across the company including, but not limited to, Investment Management teams, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Investment Guidelines, Procurement, Brokers, Third-party vendors, Tri-Party Services, Custodians, Outsourcing partners, and TSF itself, regarding the below topics.
- New trading activity set up such as new fund, new broker, new instrument, new electronic trading platform, new Order Management or Execution Management system, new trader
- Working closely with Technology with regards to product enhancements, projects and all matters which directly affect Trading activity
- Helping identify and implement best practices in both current trading workflows and planned initiatives taking on board changes in Regulation that could affect the way business is conducted, help in investigating and resolving workflow issues identified by traders/brokers/Operations/TSF Business Quality/Compliance
- MIS reporting: weekly, monthly, yearly volumes executed by TSF on all asset classes, and ad-hoc reporting queries requested by various departments
- Providing TSF Business Quality, traders, third-party vendors, with relevant info for Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) across all asset classes
- ISDAs/SAs, GMRAs, GMSLAs, Give-Ups, Execution Agreements and other legal docs: providing guidance to Legal team, identifying gaps, defining priorities with traders, clarifying and providing information to brokers
- Documenting workflows, processes, and procedures
- Reporting to line management, in a timely fashion and according to the rules specified in the local incident policy / procedure, issues arising from the business activities which may impact the company / clients / employees / third parties
- Taking appropriate actions to mitigate / help mitigate the risks arising from the business activities placed under the department’s responsibility
- Being a source of proposal and actively involved in operational efficiency improvement
- Experience in advanced middle-office role or operational / technical support of a trading desk is a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- IT literate: very good knowledge of MS Office Excel and Visual Basic macros
- Knowledge of SQL or database query language and reporting tools such as Tableau Software would be a plus
- Interest in automation - basic Python programming skills would be a plus
- Financial Industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has an eye for the finer details
- Ability to interact with many people on many different topics, providing them with a concise view of trading topics
- Team player
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.