Senior Project Manager
Here at AXA, we’re expanding our Strategic Change team and recruiting for Permanent Senior Project Managers. We’re looking for PM Professionals, with at least 7 years PM experience, managing multiple projects in excess of €1m, effective relationship management skills with proven ability to deliver.
At AXA, diversity and inclusion means empowering people to be 100% themselves at work. We are moving towards a smart working model with hybrid way of working. We champion flexible working and are more than happy to consider full and part time hours with flexibility to suit and our Business.
Reporting to Head of Strategic Change Delivery, the Project Manager is responsible for the management of business project change to agreed KPIs, outcomes and target benefits, providing visibility, associated budget control and timely delivery of the prioritised business change.
• Provide outstanding project leadership in order to drive and implement initiatives into an operational state, following established release, change, and quality management principles. Typically assigned larger projects above the threshold of €500k and below a collective total of €3m in any annual budget cycle.
• Define project scope and required business outcomes, including defined deliverables, key interdependencies and resourcing requirements.
• Contribute to the performance of the function and may act as team lead to project managers.
• Drive projects ensuring project objectives are met within agreed quality, time and cost and benefits metrics. Ultimately improving AXA’s overall effectiveness.
• Manage all activity on a project including business process (re)design, system design and development, training, change management and communications, testing, business readiness & transition, rollout, handover and support.
• Actively manage the project plan against milestones, benefits, KPIs and manage any material change to the project scope, giving consideration to business outcomes.
• Provide impact assessments for changes to timings and scope within the project and ensure that change requests are managed according to defined processes and standard
• Degree or equivalent in IT, Computing or similar engineering / accounting / science
• Insurance / financial services experience
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in relevant project management roles, managing multiple projects
• Managing budgets in the €1m to 3m range
• Proven ability to undertake and manage complex business projects to assist in driving transformational change across the business with realisable benefits
• Excellent estimation, negotiation and planning skills and ability to dynamically replan and prioritise and bring the full team on the journey
• Strong sense of urgency, being able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise where necessary
• Demonstrated relationship management skills including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with key stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from across all communities.Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
We know an engaged workforce is a successful workforce. That’s why we offer excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people, making AXA a great place to work. Visit our careers page to find out more.