Underwriter Group Life GCIC
To ensure the profitable growth of the Group Life portfolio through the timely delivery of competitive group life proposals for new and renewal business within the framework of company’s underwriting philosophy, guidelines, authority limits and procedures.
Area of Knowledge:
Sound knowledge of group life underwriting including excellent understanding of risk factors, exclusions and benefits commonly applied by our company as well as by the competitors in the region.
- Basic knowledge of claim, policy administration operations and reinsurance.
- Prepare and deliver customized group life proposals / quotes for new business including pricing and the design of additional clauses / covers that may be required on case by case wherever AXA Gulf / GCIC operates in life business in the GCC.
- Prepare and deliver group life tailor made renewal proposals / quotes taking into account claim experience analysis.
- Suggest alternative solutions that would benefit the client and be a market / competition differentiator with flexibility on terms (in compliance with the company’s guidelines) and ability to “think outside the box”.
- Negotiate with reinsurers, through technically-oriented arguments, on the terms.
- Active contribution on potential Pricing / Reporting tools enhancements. Define specifications for new reports that should be integrated to the Information System to streamline the process of data analysis and claim experience reporting.
- Negotiate with Distribution Channels marketable premiums that allow us to grow the portfolio and remain profitable.
- Monitor the performance of an allocated portfolio. Analyze and communicate to Sales and Distribution any abnormal trends with technical explanation and possible suggestions that would need to be conveyed to customers.
- Implement corrective measures either on whole portfolio or specific accounts to maintain profitability levels.
- Communicate to Life Operational teams all pricing information required to incept the policy.
- Control that group life policies are administered properly by Life Operational teams.
- Interact with Customers and/or Intermediaries upon request.
- Participate to the continuous improvement initiative to improve customer experience.
- Liaise with & support Regional Reinsurance Team in Treaty renewal exercise and other tasks related to group life reinsurance as & when required
- Sound knowledge of life insurance regulations in the region
- Good knowledge of local and international competitor’s life products and services
- Excellent understanding or Life pricing techniques
- Good knowledge in software skills (MS office, Access, Pricing tools) – Importance given to Excel.
Minimum Requirements of Role:
- Degree educated.
- Min of 7 years relevant experience.
- The position requires excellent Microsoft office skills, mainly: Outlook, Excel (most important), Word, Powerpoint.
- This position required the incumbent to have fluency in spoken and written English language. Arabic an advantage.
- Adaptability, Customer Focus, Creativity, Innovation, Problem Solving and analytical skills.