Insurance Risk Control Surveyor - South
At AXA UK, we have an exciting opportunity for a Risk Control Surveyor, otherwise known in AXA as a Business Resilience Manager to join our Business Resilience Management Team covering the South East area. We’re proud to announce we’ve just been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor so it’s an exciting time to join us! East area. You will support the strategic development of heavier mid-market and mid-corporate risks in the area.
We are looking for an experienced Business Resilience Manager/Risk Control Surveyor who is currently in a similar risk control position or someone with the background and ambition to step up into a position with the right training. You may be an Underwriter with relevant experience and wish to further your career to become a Business Resilience Manager/Risk Control Surveyor.
As a Risk Control Surveyor, you may be involved in various areas of the business including:
- Strategic direction and delivery of customer facing risk management.
- ABI & HSE/HSC Technical Committees: Construction, Flood, Business Continuity, Asbestos, SME Construction Safety.
- Underwriting Academy and Risk Management Training.
- Risk management publications and media interviews.
What will I be doing?
The purpose of this job is;
- Risk identification, elimination or control by conducting phone based and on-site surveys of selected risks as requested.
- Providing an appropriate, clear and accurate report of findings in order to identify and reduce risk exposures to AXA and its customers.
- Providing technical assistance and support to internal and external customers as requested in respect of survey casework.
Your key activities will be;
- Undertake surveys and prepare technical reports of commercial Property and/or Liability risks as requested and provide an appropriate report.
- Advise underwriters on risk quality, rating, classification and loss assessment as appropriate.
- Comment on other risk related topics (e.g. acceptability, adequacy of sums insured etc.) where this will be of assistance to underwriters.
- Decide on site and wherever possible, discuss and agree risk improvement measures necessary for acceptability.
- Prepare a schedule of risk improvement measures for onward transmission by the underwriter to the client/broker.
- As directed by the Regional Business Resilience Manager, co-ordinate bespoke risk management programmes for larger mid-market & mid-corporate clients
- In conjunction with the Regional Business Resilience Manager, potentially provide training for new Business Resilience Managers, branch underwriters or external third parties such as Brokers, including arranging regular underwriting accompaniment on appropriate surveys to develop their awareness of risk and control techniques.
At AXA UK, we strive to give our employees work/life balance. We embrace smart working and are happy to talk about flexible options that suit your needs. However please note, the successful candidate will be expected to travel throughout thier region and occasionally further afield based on business need.
What will I need?
- A Level or equivalent
- ACII, NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent professional qualification desirable
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of risk identification, assessment and improvement techniques and standards
- A thorough knowledge of relevant general and specific hazards
- Knowledge of appropriate ABI/LPC Rules and Recommendations, HSE Guidance, National and International Standards and Codes of Practice
- Customer oriented with strong ambassadorial skills
- Good presentation, negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to write clear and helpful reports of complex risks for the benefit of underwriters
- Develop and maintain personal competencies for all processes and tasks covered by this Role Profile
- Incorporate Risk Management skills within competency base to improve range of service delivery skills within the Business Resilience Management team
- Proven property/liability risk surveying expertise coupled with a good understanding of underwriting practice
- Specifying property (fire, flood, security etc) and health & safety risk protections for underwriting purposes
- Experience of dealing with larger or more technical challenging risks
- Experience of working with technology is desirable
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is competitive & varied – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
- Company/Performance related bonus on top of salary
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Special leave for emergencies, bereavements, family planning
- Up to 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
- Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
- 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
- Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
For further questions, please get in touch with Lauren Standen, Resourcing Consultant - .