We have fantastic opportunities for Business Analysts to come join our award winning company as part of AXA Commercial’s Blueprint programme on a permanent full time basis.
AXA Commercial is undergoing significant transformation, with a large portfolio of change projects including a people, process and technology transformation that encompasses all aspects of the business major redesign of the operating model through the Blueprint programme. We are looking for ambitious individuals to take on this challenge and take advantage of this opportunity.
The Blueprint programme is built upon the foundation of 9 key changes to the Commercial Operating Model that will deliver the planned GWP, Loss Ratio and Expense Ratio benefits committed to in our strategic business plan. These Key Changes (KCs) will be delivered through a combination of process, people, organisation and technology changes that will come together to embody the vision of the business. new operating model. Each KC will have a Business Owner that owns the vision for the change to the Operating Model and is accountable for benefit realisation. The Business Analyst will work for a Scrum master and alongside other business analysts to translate the vision and delivery components into detailed user stories that are clearly traceable to the key changes for the Blueprint programme.
What you will be doing;
- Accurately and efficiently document business requirements / user stories in AXA tool of choice
- Mapping of process flows to support user stories
- Ensure programme progress, risks and issues are reported, documented and escalated as required through appropriate governance channels
- Take ownership and responsibility to see problems through to conclusion
- Develop deep understanding of the business and actively contribute to the definition of the to be business and IT architecture
- Work alongside the Scrum master to ensure effective transition into new BAU operations
We're offering up to £60,000 for this role, depending on your experience.
What you will need;
- Degree level
- Knowledge of Agile delivery tooling – e.g. Jira / Confluence, ADO
- Ability to adapt and reprioritise quickly to ensure that any emerging risks are appropriately managed
- Collaborative analyst with demonstrable experience of engaging with business teams to drive change
- Exceptional networking and senior stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and exercise good judgement
- Comfortable to challenge senior stakeholders across multiple functions
- Maintains up to date understanding of industry best practices
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proven experience of working on large scale programmes within financial services
- Experience with understanding and translating complex business requirements
- Demonstrable experience of
- Being a Self-starter
- Resilience and grit
- Problem management / resolution
- Remote team-working
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you
Want to talk through the role or have more questions? Please get in touch Tanzeela.email@example.com
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a selection of our current benefits
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- 25 days holiday
- Access to benefits where you enjoy cashback & discounts on retail, holidays & purchases
- Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work
- Discount on AXA products, including car, home & travel insurance, breakdown cover and healthcare
- Investment in Professional Qualifications
- 3 Volunteering Days
- Free online fitness classes
- 24/7 mental wellbeing support
- Dedicated financial support
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you. AXA prides itself on being an inclusive employer, we welcome applications from all backgrounds