Senior Accountant - USA
• Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and financial statements for separate accounts and ventures managed by AXA REIM US.
• Oversee and manage outsourced accounting performed by fund administrators, property managers, JV partners or other service providers
• Work with AXA REIM US asset managers and property managers to analyze variances at properties and understanding leasing, capital and operational initiatives at properties
• Assist in cash management and portfolio cashflow modelling as needed
• Assist in overseeing audits and tax preparation by external accounting firms
• Assist in development and continuous improvement of monthly accounting procedures. Ensure compliance with operating +procedures and controls necessary for SOX/SSAE16 purposes
• Assist with the annual budget process, including working with property managers, JV partners and asset managers to ensure accurate reporting
• CPA with 3-5 years experience, ideally through a mix of Big-4 public and private accounting
• Proficiency in US GAAP, IFRS, fair value accounting and real estate industry reporting standards.
• Knowledge of real estate industry and prior experience on real estate investments, real estate funds and real estate joint ventures a plus.
• Ability to work well independently and in teams.
• Excellent communication skills required to manage external service provider and operate effectively in a deal-driven and dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build relationships and collaborate with teams in the U.S. and overseas
• Strong excel skills and familiarity with general ledger accounting platforms Yardi knowledge a plus but not required
• Highly organized; Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding timelines.
• Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude and drive to be part of a small team and to develop the role as US business grows
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.