VP of Investment Accounting & Reporting - USA
Lead accounting, reporting and administration functions for growing commercial mortgage loan / debt investment management business with $10 billion currently under management.
• Oversee accounting, reporting and administration for $10B mortgage advisory business and support new business development initiatives as needed.
• Design and implement accounting and operating procedures to ensure compliance with requirements as US registered investment advisor
• Manage delivery of monthly accounting information and client reports in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and statutory accounting standards and in adherence with specific client requirements; assist in preparation of quarterly and annual portfolio management reports.
• Onboard new funds/clients ensuring that client requirements and control requirements are met.
• Ensure data integrity is maintained within client accounting systems and oversee flow of information between loan servicing, data warehouse and general ledger.
• Provide accounting oversight for IT projects, including communication of requirements and user testing.
• Assist portfolio management in forecasting and monitor cash flows.
• Oversee and review quarterly performance return calculations. Report fund and benchmark performance information to investors, consultants and industry organizations.
• Engage and coordinate with third party accounting firms on SOC1 reports, year-end audits and tax return preparation.
• Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA license
• 10-plus years of experience, with a mix of Big-4 public accounting and private accounting strongly preferred
• Proficiency in current GAAP, IFRS and statutory accounting standards governing commercial mortgage loans and familiarity with industry reporting standards
• Experience managing staff and working in teams.
• Strong background in accounting and information systems, including experience overseeing data integrity across internal and external systems
• Experience leading or participating in information technology projects including coordinating and communicating business requirements and related user acceptance testing
• Prior experience operating in an environment with SSAE-16/18, SOC1 and/or SOX testing
• Experience with PeopleSoft or other accounting platforms a plus
• Familiarity with terms and structures of cross-border debt funds a plus
• Understanding of risk-based capital calculations, FAS 107/157 market valuations and other key industry metrics
Other Essential Qualifications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to manage relationships with external service providers, clients, and internal stakeholders and associates.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams in the U.S. and overseas and work effectively across all levels of the organization
• Highly organized; Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding timelines in dynamic environment with monthly client reporting deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Positive attitude; team-player
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.