Equities Operations Analyst
Manage and support all Operations related functions locally for Rosenberg Equities including oversight of the outsourced operations functions and relationship with the local administrator.
• Ensure daily operations tasks are completed including monitoring trades, overdrafts, corporate actions, failed trades, review weekly reconciliation reports received from Northern Trust; address pricing queries; monitor NAV validation, etc.
• Provide daily support to Rosenberg teams (Portfolio Managers, Traders, Client Portfolio Managers) by responding promptly to their queries and requests.
• Co-ordinate client reporting and provide performance support (e.g. become fluent user of the Northern Trust performance tool, assist with month-end performance reporting, address local performance queries etc.)
• Manage the middle office outsourcing relationship with Northern Trust locally to ensure the Rosenberg Equities outsourced functions are properly carried out by Northern Trust and ensure the business teams’ needs relating to the outsourced functions are being met (e.g., attend service reviews on a regular basis and review monthly KPI data to ensure the service is in line with the agreed service level; track, follow up and resolve processing and servicing issues/inquiries both internally and with Northern Trust, etc.)
Responsibilities on an as needed basis
• Co-ordinate account transition activities (custodian/strategy/benchmark changes, account opening/closure etc)
• Perform oversight controls processes for the outsourced functions including regular on-site and remote due diligence, updating outsourcing resilience plan, update service level agreement, etc
• Document processes and procedures (e.g., to improve service level with Northern Trust, to decrease operations risk, etc.)
• Contribute or manage ad hoc projects such as roll out of new service, products, strategies, instruments, client reporting requirements, etc.
• Stay abreast regulations, determine impact to business and coordinate implementation across Rosenberg Equities and AXA IM
• Degree level
• Asset management industry and experience working in an operations capacity with knowledge of post-trade processes for equity securities
• Middle office outsourcing vendor management experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong excel skills (macros SQL)
• Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving capabilities and ability to exercise good judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently in a dynamic environment and organize and prioritize workload to achieve desired results in a timely manner
• Interfacing/communicating effectively with global partners internally and externally (flexible to attend off hour meetings with the team globally)
• “Can do” mindset and positive attitude to changing environment
• Proactive and pragmatic decision making
• Team playerWould you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.