Senior React Native Software Engineer
It’s an exciting time to join the Digital team here at AXA Health, with significant investment planned in all UK&I businesses to transform, deliver new digital services to our customers, streamline, and automate our business processes. We're looking for experienced Lead React Native Software Engineer to join our to make our goals a reality. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a new agile team building our next generation of mobile applications, where your love of clean code and high quality of delivery will be an asset. As Lead React Native Software Engineer, explore and learn about new technologies and be able to influence the organisation to help us make the right choices.
Our engineers are collaborative, they respect opinions and strive for continual improvement. You’ll contribute to our highly motivating atmosphere, in which people feel energized and enthusiastic about achieving common goals. At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and our Royal Tunbridge Wells office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the technical design, testing, implementation and delivery of mobile and web applications using continuous delivery and agile best practices.
Lead, support and mentor the development team including several junior members.
- Day to day hands-on coding.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives within the team and across the IT department.
- People and change management experience; proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proven relevant work experience in a similar role. Extensive experience with mobile and web application development and deployment.
- Extensive working knowledge of a good variety of full stack delivery technologies, with a focus on React Native.
- Experience working with the following: Redux, Axios, Typescript, Apple & Android app store processes, Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of current industry trends in programming and evidence of self-learning is also a highly valued asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of BDD, TDD and SOLID principles.
- Advanced OO and enterprise integration skills.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA Group. Whatever our customers’ health goals, we help them get there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that’s holding them back or finding them the right specialist to take their treatment forward. Our team are experts in their fields: from experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can be.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.