Responsible Investment Lead, Architas
We are currently looking for a Responsible Investment Lead to take us further in embedding responsible investment practices across Architas’ multi-manager business and to assist the investment team with all aspects of ESG requirements.
If you are looking for a challenging role in a dynamic and rewarding environment we would love to hear from you. You will play a key role in supporting Architas in achieving its strategic objective of becoming a responsible investment leader in the multi-manager space. We are looking for you to be passionate about your own development and that of the company so a commitment to continued professional development in support of competency assessments is key.
At Architas we believe that high standards of corporate responsibility make good business sense and have the potential to protect and enhance investment returns. As our RI Lead you will be responsible for:
- Further embedding responsible investing practices in our fund selection and monitoring process by working closely with the investment analysts and investment managers on the integration of the ESG due diligence process across different asset classes
- Managing the process of communicating on AXA Group exclusions across our range of delegated mandates
- Annual reporting to the UNPRI on our progress in implementing the principles for responsible investment
- Collaborating with AXA IM and the wider AXA Group on RI topics such as ESG integration as well as voting and engagement
- Supporting the development of our sustainable investment strategies
- Understanding the impacts of sustainable finance regulation for the Architas business and playing a key role in ensuring compliance with its requirements
- Developing and maintaining a best in class approach to ESG; staying upto-date with industry trends and practices
- Delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders in order to communicate complex topics in a concise manner
- Participating in client meetings in association with proposition and marketing.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will need previous experience in responsible investment acquired either in a specialised ESG team or an investment consulting setting. You must be able to demonstrate strong levels of investment knowledge and understanding, and be able to exhibit a high level of initiative, strong organisational skills and drive with the ability to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting priorities.
You will need to quickly develop strong relationships with a broad network of stakeholders across the Architas business. Fundamentally we are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Graduate degree or other Finance related qualification
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or willing to work towards
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven knowledge and experience of ESG integration in investment processes
- Ability to rapidly understand, assimilate, analyse and present information on complex business issues
- Ability to understand and interpret financial information and ESG data
- Strong impact, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly understand and exercise sound judgement on a range of complex and diverse issues
- Passion for delivering high quality work and continuous improvement
- Strong technical capability within Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We are looking for you to be proactive and delivery focused, with a real can-do attitude that is flexible and adaptable to changes in a fast paced environment. You will have a proven track record of driving through changes.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally.
You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We were formed in 2008 to provide investment solutions aimed at meeting the varying needs of today’s investor. We provide a range of diversified multi-manager funds, giving a greater choice to clients in fulfilling their investment aims.
Today we have grown into a global business and now operate in 12 countries across Europe and Asia.
We are a member of the global AXA Group, a worldwide leader in financial services with over 160,000 employees worldwide – we are a specialist investment manager built on the successful foundations of a world leader.
We want to make investing accessible to everyone, whatever their investment goals are. So we’re proud that investors currently trust us with $44.1 billion globally of assets under management (Architas, as at 30 September 2020).
We have an experienced, global investment team made up of 30 members, who each bring a unique knowledge from a different sector and industry. The team carries out expert research aiming to uncover the best investment opportunities and leverages our scale to negotiate excellent buying terms with fund groups to deliver better value to investors.
What we can offer?
This is a busy, challenging, demanding role, but it provides a great opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in driving forward our key strategic goals.
As well as personal development and a competitive salary, we’ll offer a discretionary annual bonus scheme and 28 days holiday. You’ll also get all the impressive perks you would expect from a leading financial services organisation, including a competitive pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance. That’s just a few of the many flexible benefits and product discounts that we have to offer.
Architas is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can realise their potential regardless of differences. We are proud members of the 30% Club, Working Family Organisation and are open to discussing flexible working arrangements for this role.