Main Purpose of the role:
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, industry and company guidelines.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures, and ensure that they are effectively communicated.
- Design and implement improvements in communication, monitoring, and enforcement of compliance standards, controls and preventive actions.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for AML/CFT pre-approval review of transaction flagged by monitoring system and escalated by Business Units
- Investigating and closing out monitoring alerts thoroughly in a timely manner, and ensuring significant issues identified are fully investigated and promptly escalated where necessary
- Provide support and advise to other business unit on AML/CFT related matters
- Working closely with Business Units to enhance existing process
- Assist in reporting of suspicious transactions to Commercial Affairs Department’s Suspicious Transaction Record Office (STRO)
- Maintain and update the AML/CFT Manual and other relevant SOPs
- Responsible for the preparation of the AML/CFT reports to Regional Office and Senior Management
- Conduct on-going monitoring of transactions through review of monthly exception reports, investigating into suspicious transactions
- Assist in any other Corporate Compliance related issues, duties and projects as assigned by the Compliance Manager.
- Possess a Diploma or a Degree qualification.
- 1 - 2 years experience in compliance work, knowledge in AML/CFT regulation and international sanctions regime preferred.
- Analytical, organizational, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Positive work attitude and keen learner.
- Independent, meticulous, adaptable and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in financial services sector preferred.
- Experience in investigation and using Python highly preferred.
AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 108 million clients in 57 countries.
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sgDiscover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.