Senior Network Engineer
Our mission at AXA is to empower people to live a better life. We have to move from a perceived payer of claims to a strong partner in life for our customers. Thus, our role as Group Operations must be to support and to empower all AXA teams in the best way to achieve together this meaningful aspiration.Our concrete goals are:
- Reinforce and realize our value creation for the global AXA organization;
- Support and foster innovation across AXA in a close alignment and teaming with Group Business Innovation;
- Embed simplicity and empowerment in our day to day working as well as ensure that we powerfully contribute to AXA’s mission and strategy.
PRESENTATION OF THE CONTEXT AND TEAM
Within the IT Services organization, the Services & Operations department has the ambition to provide a single interface for markets, delivering all IT Services (technical and application) to the entities. This means ensuring the service delivery is achieved with the expected level of quality and at the expected cost. As being close to our customers, this organization has also the responsibility to the product and market dimensions; i.e. securing that client expectations are considered in the product roadmap as well as securing that the customer agenda includes the product roadmap.
This is a Senior Level Network Engineering position requiring extensive IT network technology knowledge and experience. The primary role of the Network Engineer is to build and implement network and security technologies, participate in architectural design and meet the network operational activities as required.
This position is required to have focus of supporting & improving the existing network environment and providing senior level network engineering & operational support to administrators. The Network Engineer will be responsible for working with the Data Center Technology Architecture Teams researching solutions, designing, implementing and documenting configurations.
The Network Engineer must demonstrate a natural inclination for leadership and can work across Data Center technology dimensions and an ability to move between business and technical spheres. It is expected that this Network Engineer will be able to interpret complex problems breaking them into manageable pieces considering the big picture as well as the details, taking input from a multitude of directions to provide a broad outcome.
The Network Engineer will be required to provide clear leadership and will diagnose, resolve, and document network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, while ensuring minimal downtime and respond to networking emergencies as required. The incumbent will also be required to be on-call after hours, weekends and holidays on a rotating schedule with other team members. The incumbent will be required to work with and mentor other team members and provide managers with networking status reports and will provide end user assistance, training and support as required.
- Identify, design, and implement network and security devices, including, but not limited to, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, VPN, IPS & WIFI
- Identify, design, and implement standards, configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions based on industry & company best practices.
- Identify and make improvements to the existing network environment by, analyzing system performance and optimizing existing strategies and technologies based on workloads, and by implementing leading edge features or methodologies.
- Act as senior level escalation to diagnose and resolve problems associated with network software and hardware; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority, and nature.
- Respond to security events both independently and as part of an Incident Management Team.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization
- Provides rotational 24/7 after-hours support as needed.
PROFILE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 8 years of technical networking experience, 5 of which were in a senior role
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Any additional Certifications considered as a plus
- Strong infrastructure background with experience across a broad range of disciplines (Network & Telecommunications, Compute, Storage & SAN, Security & Cyber Defense, Load Balancing, Cloud Technologies)
- Expert in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex Data Center Networks including Cisco ACI, Nexus Switching, VPN & Wireless Technologies
- Expert level knowledge of routing and switching technologies including but not limited to, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise platforms, tools and software including: VMWare, IBM Cloud, Storage & Backup Systems, Apache, F5 Load Balancers, Shell Scripting, Active Directory, IT Security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls & Cisco IPS, DDOS, DNS & IPAM, Solarwinds Network Management.
- Strong infrastructure background with hands on experience across a wide range of disciplines including Servers, Operating Systems; Linux, Windows, Storage, Cloud, Connectivity, and End User Devices.
- Understanding of Data Center Rack, Stack & Cabling Technology
- Experience with ITIL Change Management Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of system resiliency, redundancy, failovers and disaster recovery.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to divide focus among many different projects
- Creates an environment for developing & fostering leadership excellence
- High autonomy with strong focus on results
- Excellent customer service skills and “can do” attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in complex environments
- Ability to anticipate issues and react promptly
- Ability to take ownership of problems and issues and manage to resolution
- Ability to work effectively with business partners, challenging where appropriate to give the best solution/results
- Ability to work in a distributed delivery model, with near and offshore teams
- Fluent English & Spanish
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.