Salary up to £42,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Remote working available
Here in AXA our commitment and investment to support business growth continues and we have an exciting opportunity to join our IT Development Team as a Software Engineer. AXA UK is proud to have just been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here.
You will benefit from the fact that we have a clear, simple strategy that is understood throughout the organisation. Developing the capability of our people is a key part of this strategy. We believe in investing in our people so that they have the skills they need to deliver for our customers.
You should choose AXA if you feel like you can make a difference. We need people who are energetic and focused on delivering results for our customers. We want people who are entrepreneurial and want to get things done. If you have a growth mindset and a willingness to learn, along with a desire to deliver great quality work, we’d love to hear from you
Develop and maintain AXA Insurance’s software platforms using industry best practices and standards. The role entails working at every stage of the engineering lifecycle. Use of good analytical skills in order to develop using a range of tools and languages within agreed processes.
• Develop solutions to the required quality, design, coding, performance and security standards, in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Test solutions thoroughly and prioritise the use of automated testing standards and techniques.
• Ensure quality and continuous improvement through design reviews, code reviews and retrospectives.
• Take collective ownership for the platform as a whole, responding to its needs for stability and availability and by being consistent with agreed platform principles.
• Provide technical analysis of user requirements to facilitate accurate story estimation.
• Work closely with colleagues to share knowledge and ensure the continuous growth of our community-oriented environment.
• Evaluate the potential automation of software and system solutions to ensure eradication of toil wherever possible.
• Understand the impact of unplanned work such as defects and rework and take appropriate measures to reduce this wherever possible.
• Provide clear and accurate Route Cause Analysis on all resolved system bugs. Demonstrate appropriate steps to improve platform documentation as well as automation and integration tests to reduce likelihood of repeated instances of the defect.
• Manage your own workload within given deadlines and priorities.
• Web API
• Previous experience within a software engineering and development role.
• A strong understanding of Clean Code practices, Object Orientation, SOLID Principles and Design Patterns.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
• Up to 50% off PureGym membership
• 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
• Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
• Discounted shopping vouchers scheme
• Free LinkedIn Learning access
• Professional Qualification support