VIE - General Expenses&Operations Sourcing Expert
AXA IM Procurement is in charge of indirect negotiations on a scope of circa 300M€/year.
AXA IM Procurement belongs to the Global COO department and is also a member of the AXA Group Procurement Community.
Two teams of buyers are supported by a third Procurement team (tools&processes), by Group buyers in charge of theirs categories and a Legal team. They operate on the below scopes :
- General Expenses&Operations Procurement team : Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Lawyers, Facilities, Premises, Outsourced Operations, Consulting, and Travel
- IT Procurement team : IT services, software, hardware and telecoms.
As per AXA Group requirements of high quality deliveries, AXA IM buyers manage their negotiations while respecting a number of standards (Code of Ethics, Corporate Responsibility, Information Security, Anti Bribery clause, etc…). For that purpose, AXA IM buyers are equipped with a performant Buyer Book and appropriate Procurement tools.
2. The role:
The Sourcing Expert VIE is located in London. She/he reports directly to the Global Head of Procurement and to AXA IM UK CEO. As a consequence, a high level of autonomy is required.
The Sourcing Expert VIE collaborates with the two other buyers and the apprentice of the General Expenses&Operations Procurement team. They work closely with their internal clients, located in the following departments : Marketing, Operations, Risk, HR, Investment Expertises, Finance, Facilities,…
In 2020/2021, the team is engaged in a important Expenses Review project, directly chaired by the Global COO.
The Sourcing Expert VIE main responsibilities are the following:
• Contribute to the development of the relationships with the key business stakeholders
• Contribute to the extension of Procurement coverage to new categories and geographies
• Participate in the AXA Group Procurement community to develop synergies
• Analyse the scope to identify negotiation opportunities (spend, needs, market, costs)
• Define sourcing strategy in strong relationship with the business stakeholders
• For each negotiation, define and implement sourcing and negotiation strategy and apply AXA standards (Procurement Policy, Ethical standard, Global Third Party Control Framework,…) :
- Relevant upstream Procurement activities bringing value to the business (market analysis, needs analysis, costs analysis, business cases, …)
- Validate sourcing list and approach with business stakeholders
- Manage RFP and one to one negotiations
- Manage commercial negotiations as well as legal negotiations with the support of Legal department
- Manage contracts, reporting, activities
- Prepare regular reporting 3. What kind of profile are we looking for?
- Master 2 level (Procurement Master 2 recommended)
- First experience in Procurement function
- Experience in Finance / Asset Management industry a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Analytical skills (business case, reporting)
- Presentation skills (impacting presentations, C-level presentations)
- Expertise in some key General Expenses categories required (e.g. non-IT consulting, facilities, Marketing & Communication, …)
- Knowledge of some Finance specific categories a plus (e.g. brokerage, middle-office/back-office services, …)
- Fluent in both French and English. A third language a plus (German, Italian, Spanish)
- Strong engagement in work, high level of autonomy
- Good relationship and communication skills
- Ability to influence within the organization
- Change management skills Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €801bn in assets as of the end of 2019. We employ about 2,360 people around the world and operate out of 20 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.