Software Asset Manager
As an international entity within the group, AXA Partners is present in 30+ countries. In a context of a wide transformation, the position of Software Asset Manager is created to manage spend across 200+ vendors. The new role will be the referent to manage the purchase, licensing aspects and demand management of all the products under their direct scope as well as provide support and expertise to local contributors. For this, within the IT procurement team, the successful person will work in close collaboration with different stakeholders from IT, Legal, Finance in different locations.
- Define a roadmap to anticipate renewals and savings opportunities
- Oversee correct usage of software through a deep understanding of contact mechanisms to anticipate legal and compliance risks
- Manage demand to optimize software usage and volume changes
- Coordinate with the team at AXA Group level in charge of the licensing of global contracts
- Manage global contracts use by several AXA Partners entities
- Support and monitor local purchases (either direct or through resellers)
- Manage the relationship with key vendors to ensure respect of SLAs and KPI
- Maintain a catalogue of product to streamline the purchase process
- Lead internal governance to oversee the activity
Demand and cost Management
- Manage declarations, inventory / measurements and reservations by leveraging existing tools and Flexera
- Manage vendor licensing portals
- Optimize allocation and avoid leakage through analysis of real usage
- Provide visibility on costs evolution and forecast future needs
- Coordinate stakeholders to define new needs and prepare renewals
- Identify savings opportunities, set targets and monitor results
Risk and compliance Management
- Develop a deep understanding of key contracts and ensure prerequisites are met
- Anticipate noncompliance risks, calculate the financial exposure, set up mitigation plans and follow-up.
- Being the SPOC for all audit relevant topics.
- Write/update the “SAM Risk Policy” describing associated processes and governance
- Lead negotiations for renewals with the support of other procurement Stakeholder
- Measure quality and respect of SLAs – manage escalation procedure when necessary
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder have been clarified for the global management of the contract
- Set up and lead the global governance with the vendor on the contract execution side
- Collaborate with CESAME for contacts under their scope
- Maintain a catalogue of products accessible by all AXA Partners entities
- Promote this catalogue to centralize purchases on selected products
- Manage purchases, potentially through resellers or CESAME team
- Watch the market, identify new products / alternatives to challenge existing products when relevant
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical/ Functional Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the different licensing models
- Strong knowledge in budget and cost management
- Ability to negotiate with vendors
- Good knowledge of key contractual points
- General knowledge of the Software market
- General IT knowledge in architecture and infrastructure
- Know-how in a specialized SAM software such as Flexera is a plus
- Full fluency in English: main working language
Skills and Abilities
- Strong autonomy, ability to drive the creation of the new function he will be responsible of
- Ability to work in an international context, be part of a global team across Europe
- Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical way
- Ability to manage a community – be reliable and trusted
- Strong in planning and anticipation
- Very good interpersonal skills, assertiveness, empathy, active listening
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to solve problems autonomously
- Sense of ownership and responsibility to manage scope of this role
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree either in Procurement, Business Management or IT
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a procurement or IT function
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.