Manager, Cloud Security Architect
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership in support of our initiatives in cloud computing and automation with a focus on the design of secure platforms and services that run on various cloud providers. The Cloud Security Architect reports into the Architecture Team but is embedded into Product Teams to provide cloud architectural leadership and best practices. The Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. The position requires strong communication & influencing skills, and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals across the organization.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for cloud end-to-end architectures.
• Lead the definition and development of secure cloud reference architectures optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
• Develop a repository of cloud design patterns, based on Group standards and the application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud.
• Evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
• Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks.
• Ensure designs comply with AXA Security instructions & frameworks.
• Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
• Provide technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues and audit work.
• Provide technical governance and expertise related to cloud architectures, cloud security, deployment, and operations.
• Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
• Act as a coach and mentor to team members and colleagues.
Key Skills & Experience Required
• Demonstrate knowledge of scalable cloud architectures and implementation features.
• Experience selecting and deploying security related features and protocols.
• Experience designing architectures across multiple cloud providers and 3rd party tools including firewalls, load balancers, ingress routers etc.
• Significant hands on experience with Azure.
• Experience with other cloud providers including AWS, GCP, Alibaba, and Tencent a plus.
• Good understanding of cloud native applications and micro-services.
• Experience managing, deploying, and supporting Docker containers and management software such as Kubernetes and OpenShift.
• Experience selecting and deploying storage options including block, file, and database.
• Experience designing & deploying logging, monitoring, tracing solutions across web apps, mobile apps, APIs, backend services, and infrastructure.
• Demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD tool chains and processes.
• Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions and clearly articulate options and a recommendation.
• Certifications in Azure and AWS a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject.
• 10 or more years experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.