•5 - 8 years of tax experience in the life and/or property & casualty insurance industry or in a tax practice of a major accounting firm working with life insurance companies
• Technical expertise and experience in life insurance tax and tax accounting required (SSAP 101, ASC 740 and, preferably, IAS 12)
• CPA/Masters in Tax or JD/LLM preferred
• Proficiency in Corptax a definite plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Flexibility, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to partner and build strong working relationships with senior Finance leadership
• Strong team approach when working with colleagues
• Independent thinker with self-initiative
• Skilled at clearly and succinctly articulating written and oral communications and tailoring it to the specific audience
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.