We are seeking a full-time BSA/AML Financial Crimes Investigator with strong analytical skills, with exceptional attention to detail. This position is responsible for investigations of transaction activity for the purposes of suspicious activity detection and SAR reporting, and will comply with all state and federal rules, regulations and laws while utilizing sound judgment and the highest degree of confidentiality.
The AML Investigator performs AML alert review and case investigations including research to determine whether suspicious activity exists. Works within established FCO performance timeframes and in accordance with quality standards set forth within the FCO procedures. Researches and evaluates AML risks for alerts and cases involving transactions sourced to the automated AML detection systems or manual escalations. Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented. This includes analytical and technical review of documentation and information; detailed correspondence with all individuals who may assist in furtherance of investigation; interview of agents and other parties who may need to provide information. Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners to obtain and validate client information.
Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented in SAR forms or within digital case tools. Recommends course of action for most events, but is required to seek guidance from Director of Investigations when dealing with complex investigations.
Knowledge of Broker Dealer business and Insurance in an AML capacity is preferred.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities include:
• Conduct transaction monitoring and review of manual red flag escalations.
• Perform in depth investigations of potentially suspicious activity
• Open cases, document investigative steps and attach files and documents used in the investigation.
• Research, analyze and investigate unusual client/ policy activity, elder financial exploitation, or potential market manipulation schemes as identified and escalated from trade surveillance teams, and other investment product risks that could be indicative of money laundering.
• Investigate suspicious activity involving suspected money laundering or structuring of financial transactions to avoid government reporting requirements.
• Draft and complete comprehensive summaries of findings detailing reasons for escalation.
• Conduct reviews of client documentation/information submitted by business units; A good understanding of Corporate Formation Documents is needed.
• Responsible for collecting and analyzing documents related to account opening requirements in order to identify control persons and underlying beneficial owners.
• Conduct interviews of a highly sensitive nature to determine facts and obtain statements.
• Prepare case files and draft SAR narratives.
• Ensure that all investigations are handled in an efficient and timely manner to meet all regulatory guidelines and requirements.
• Assists with cross training opportunities to ensure escalations from business units across the organization.
• Assist FCO advisory unit with detection scenario analysis and continuous improvement of suspicious activity detection and case management capabilities.
• Department support, as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; knowledge of monitoring of high risk customer accounts.
• Minimum requirements: 1+ years of investigative, examination or audit experience with specific emphasis on BSA/AML Compliance and significant experience in the financial services industry.
• Good organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated familiarity/competency in using transaction monitoring software, screening applications, and various AML Investigative tools. Knowledge of Norkom/Detica, Lexis Nexis, Bridger, and World-Check strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Relevant Professional Certification (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), Associate of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) or Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists (ACFCS) is a plus.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers..