- Put in place and maintain on an ongoing basis, a Data Governance framework and Data Management plan
- Support the Chief Data Officer to build annual Data roadmap and work with different parts of the business to drive execution on the roadmap
- Setup data management procedures and controls and review them on an annual basis
- Support the Department Head to run the Hong Kong Data Board, acting as the Board Secretary
- Develop and implement business rules for Master Data Management (MDM)
- Lead ongoing operational management of Master Data Management (MDM) system and process including suspect case management
- Train data stewards on day-day data management activities and monitor progress, particularly on suspect case management
- Working with business to identify ‘critical data’ and ensure that all identified data elements are formally listed, unambiguously defined from both a business and IT perspective in a data “dictionary”
Data Management Evangelist
- Develop a communication and knowledge management strategy to educate and ultimately empower consumers of data on the governance policies and practices
- Collaborate with peers across business to deliver on the overarching data strategy and communicate the same through various mediums, forums
- Stay current and informed on emerging techniques for improving data governance practices
- Put in place a process for approving and communicating new use of data or new sources of data working with Information Security and Data Privacy Officer (DPO)
Reporting and Project Management
- Define and monitor performance indicators for Data quality, Data Management and provide summary reports on an ongoing basis
- Lead Data Management projects to appropriate time, cost and quality standards
- Support Data Board to prioritise data projects, validate investments and funding proposals in line with agreed data roadmap to generate business value
- Review Data Architecture working with Regional team and HK IT
- Support other business projects with relevant Data Management inputs as required
- 8 - 12+ years experience in Data Management and Governance initiatives working with complex data and systems infrastructure
- Proven track record in driving large data governance programs at an enterprise level
- Demonstrated leader capable of partnering / driving business and technology colleagues in establishing a highly functioning governance program
- Strong knowledge of Data management functions covering Business Data Stewardship, Data quality initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior business leaders in establishing ownership/accountability, securing funding and committing resources to resolve data quality issues
- Good understanding of business processes and data modeling especially relating to master data domains such as Customer, Product and Distribution channels
- Deep understanding of key tools used in governing/managing data quality including meta data management and data stewardship
- Strong experience in process (re)engineering, hands-on operational management and change management
- Previous exposure to / knowledge of insurance, financial services industry will be an advantage
- Strong analytical mind with focus on attention to detail
- Proactive and with a can-do attitude
- Good command of English and Cantonese
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; Master’s Degree a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
AXA Hong Kong, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself of serving over 1 million customers in Hong Kong and Macau. Besides being one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong, it is also the number 1 General Insurance provider1 and a market leader in motor insurance.
AXA Hong Kong is committed to helping its customers achieve stability and prosperity through providing a comprehensive range of life, health, property and casualty protection, as well as wealth management and retirement solutions.
We believe it is our inherent responsibility to support the communities we operate in, hence creating a sustainable business via constant and considerable contribution in the dimensions of health, environment and the community.
AXA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity, respect, and where individual differences are valued. We welcome and treasure diverse profiles to join our big family, and to build an inclusive culture together which allows everyone to maximize their personal potential.
1Based on 2013 Office of the Commissioner of Insurance market share statistics
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.