Description of the department:
One of AXA IM's subsidiaries in Europe is AXA IM UK, based in London. AXA IM UK Legal team is composed of circa 12 lawyers.
The main responsibilities of the role:
The role is to provide legal and administrative assistance to the members of the UK legal team of AXA Investment Managers. Duties to include, but shall not be limited to:-
- Research points of law / UK regulation in relation to matters handled by the legal team as and when such a need arises using the PLC online legal research tool or other materials as necessary.
- Proof-read documents or verify facts in documents as and when required by members of the legal team.
- Assist with the putting in place of contracts by liaising/following up with clients/counterparties on behalf of the legal team members and arranging execution of documents.
- Review and potentially negotiate confidentiality agreements and other simple / short-form legal agreements, as overseen by the appropriate member of the legal team. Focus will be on agreements for investment management institutional clients (see further at Reporting Line below).
- Draft termination notices and review the provisions in contracts relating to termination or other aspects of the contract as and when requested to do so by members of the legal team.
- Review placing agreements as and when required (required for fund / investor participation in company/ issuer offers).
- Assist with team administrative duties from time time, e.g., filing and retrieving documents, uploading documents onto the team’s data management system and assisting team PA with arranging online files for data management system.
- Attend legal team meetings and internal seminars/presentations from the business as and when the opportunity to do so arises.Profile
- Education qualifications : Master’s degree in Law
- Languages required : Good level of English
- Any skills or experience which are desirable but not necessary : an experience in a law firm will be a plus
Internship starting January 2019 or July 2019 for 6 months.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.