Provide in-house legal and regulatory support to business.
• Draft and review legal documents relating to the business, including fund documents, investment management agreements, distribution agreements, corporate documents and other business agreements.
• Conduct research and provide business with professional advice in relation to complying with laws and regulations.
• Monitor legal and regulatory developments that may affect the business, and assist with the implementation of such developments.
• Prepare submissions to regulators.
• Maintain company standard templates, precedents and know-how.
• Liaise with external counsel.
• Provide support on company secretarial matters.
• Participate in cross-regional / cross-departmental projects.
• Law degree with 2-4 PQE experience in private practice and/or international enterprise.
• Trained with a top tier firm.
• Experience in financial services, ideally in investment products and/or asset management.
• Ideally have experience with regulatory and compliance matters in Hong Kong.
• Ideally have experience with PRC related matters.
• Strong legal research and drafting skills.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
• Ability to deal with a multi-cultural and diverse group of people from different jurisdictions.
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems in line with organization objectives.
• Confident and commercially minded.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, must be a team player.
• High level of professionalism, maturity and ethics.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.