- Working within the CS&E team, (and in tandem with the web and marketing teams) the content writer will be responsible for the execution of AXA IM’s editorial content. This means being responsible for editing and writing market related stories as well as fund manager views, commentaries and blogs.
- The successful will candidate will also be comfortable writing/editing corporate, thematic and product led thought leadership pieces and be able to deliver fresh news hooks to editorial content.
- They will also help deliver AXA IM’s educational content specifically targeting AXA Group agents, financial advisers, private bankers and the end consumer in key retail markets.
- This will involve creating educational materials for financial advisers and AXA IM strategic distribution partners. The content could range from developing online tools, training programmes, white papers, market insights to short, snappy 'conversation starters'.
- The individual will also develop globally coordinated editorial content to support the growth of the AXA IM business, brand and strategic marketing campaigns and execute AXA IM’s Corporate Thought Leadership programme.
- They will also develop video and email content, all of which they must ensure is engaging, interesting, targeted, compliant and relevant.
- Have excellent writing and editing skills (both in German and English) as well as a very strong understanding of financial markets, economics and investment products.
- At least five years’ experience in journalism or business/investment writing (preferably within the financial services industry or wealth management environment).
- Solid understanding of financial, economic and investment concepts, asset management industry and products.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of financial markets across asset classes.
- Superb writing and communication skills - be confident writing and editing corporate assets such as corporate brochures, video scripts and flyers etc. Must be able to translate complex material into engaging editorial and visual concepts
- Be able to develop, manage and drive content partnerships with investment publications. e.g. Citywire
- Experience of writing for social, digital and familiarity with SEO techniques essential
- Proven track record in operating within tight deadline and delivering high quality written products
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to the different audiences, both written and graphically, ranging in knowledge and sophistication
- Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficient with statistical information, able to interpret data and used it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
- Must be a team player
- Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate
- Able to work within a matrix organisation with numerous stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams and person (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.