Manages JPY Fixed Income portfolios ( Credit + govies / Bonds & Derivatives) and heads the FI for AXA Tokyo team
Within the Fixed Income division of AXA IM, specifically the department in charge of managing AXA Insurance Fixed Income portfolios, assumes responsibility primarily for advising and managing JPY fixed income portfolios (complex or not) but also for all services provided by AXA FI to the relevant AXA client under the leadership of the Head of FI for AXA Asia, acting as the main entry point for this client (in coordination with the relevant CRM).
Is also local representative for various portfolios strategies: Buy & Maintain, Alternative Credit, Structured Finance, including some advisory tasks, and guarantor of the long term quality of the local investment process (from strategy proposals to reporting, including alpha generation, performance attribution, clients fronting, business development, team dynamics, regular meetings in Japanese).
Taking part in the development of third party client business (i.e. other than Axa Group entities) in Japan is expected.
This position will be in charge of managing other senior PMs and PMs.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Significant experience in the Fixed Income area, with an excellent understanding of FI bond and derivative markets and of FI asset management, having experience in managing complex portfolios including various derivatives strategies.
• Knowledge of fund structures and constraints in Japan, as well as cash and collateral management (especially for derivatives).
• Asset management within the Insurance Companies balance sheet context with a very good understanding of their specific objectives and constraints, in particular in Japan.
• Experience in dealing with large institutional clients up to CIO level.
• Fluent in Japanese & English
• Proactive and dynamic, able to listen and to persuade.
• Communication skills on technical topics and complex investment ideas
• Ability to lead a team of skilled individuals of different backgrounds, team spirit with local and foreign colleagues.
• Able to prioritize and to maintain a positive attitude in stressful and challenging situations.
• Commercial mindset (willingness to sell), able to structure a marketing message.