Japan specialist supporting Japan equity team, global equity team, global robotics, and global small cap team. Client liaison/ marketing role for AXA Framlington in Japan. Support function role for robotech tech strategy, managing daily FX.
• Provide research analysis on Japanese equities to various investment teams (Japan, Global large and small cap and Thematic).
• Active member of Japan equity team supporting Chisako Hardie.
• Manage daily FX flows for robotech strategy and provide additional support functions as required.
• Back up / support manager role for selected portfolios, with possible lead only responsibility according to experience and mandate availability
• Undertake marketing activities as required
• Actively participate in the global research and portfolio management meetings (weekly)
• Adhere to AXA Framlington’s risk and compliance requirements
• Degree level – CFA a plus but not pre-requisite
• Demonstrable experience in fund management, including sector analysis and portfolio management
• Experience working in an international/multi-locational team
Knowledge and Skills
• Can demonstrate good general knowledge of japan equities, macro economics and politics
• Modelling skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, but manage own time effectively
• Strong marketing and presentational skills
• Strength of conviction and constructive mind-set