As a senior Sofware Engineer & Prototyper, your first mission is to set in the Internet-of-Things team, managing the
current and next cloud-based AXA IoT platform. It is the main gateway for all connected object data in the AXA Group. It
processes in real-time information about several thousands of devices. The main
use case today is to support connected motor insurances (pay per mile, pay how
you drive) in various countries. The team
mission is to support the development & go to market of insurance policies
leveraging connected devices (connected vehicle, vessels, buildings…).
You will create technology assets for the
profit of the AXA group and the AXA business entities. Especially, you are
responsible for exploring and developing new technologies that make new usage
We need a deeply autonomous, flexible, fast learning, practical engineer
with strong social and analytical skills. If you do not know the technology,
you choose to learn, discover and assess it. As an example, we need people
willing to move between:
- Native mobile, backend, web frontend, embedded development
- Architect software according to business requirements
- Set up tools for continuous integration / continuous development
- Manage and follow outsourced development
- Evangelize good development practices
If you are aware about the latest frameworks and technologies, you think
about maintenance and stability of your work before all. You like quality, you
understand and apply automated tests. You evangelize good practices while
respecting the opinion of your coworkers.
As a technical expert / senior prototyper, with a strong educational backgroun (Scientific/Engineering
education (Major Engineering school, PhD, Master), you have at least 10 years in computer science, delivering technical solutions.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in at least one scripting
and one strongly typed and compiled languages like Python and Java.
Websockets, HTTP, some popular frameworks
- Software engineering: OOP, principes SOLID,
abstractions, design patterns (GoF, dependency injection, MV*), best practices
(clean code, …)
- Production oriented development: monitoring, metrics, logs, maintainability,
components et modularity, avoid or manage technical debt
- Data structures: tree, array, linked list, hashmap, …
- Tests: strong interest in automation and automated tests, good
practices and designs patterns, how to write a testable code, unit test,
integration tests, acceptance and non-regression tests
- Experience with various database systems, at least one relational and
one NoSQL: SQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, …
- Micro-service architecture
- Network and internet protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS, and X.509
- Development in the context of Linux
- Global notion of software and system architecture, scalability, fault
tolerance, error recovery
- Docker container technology
- Team development with Git, code review, branch management
- Some optional nice to have skills:
- Experience with cloud developments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in mobile development
- Knowledge of data science and big data tools or libraries
- Arduino or embedded development
- Electronic circuit skills to extend Arduino development
- CI/CD setup and organization
- Good relational capabilities necessary to contribute to complex
projects involving many persons and skills
- Pronounced taste for working into multidisciplinary team
- Autonomy, curiosity and innovation capability
- Not afraid of unclear, ambiguous situations with a need to invent
- Talent for communication (written and oral) and team working
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.