The team is actively involved in the Public-Private-Partnerships (PPP) sector, working closely with international institutions such as the World Bank and UN Agencies, sovereign catastrophe pools and governments to develop risk tools for disaster emergency funding eg. Tonga received USD 3.5mn within 7 days after the island was struck by Cyclone Gita thanks to parametric insurance. AXA Global Parametrics also creates parametric tools for private industry sectors including agriculture, renewable energy, construction, transportation and leisure.
The Business Developer will contribute to the continued success of AXA’s parametric insurance department by supporting the Marketing and Development Manager in all business development around PPPs which encompasses collaboration with multilateral development banks, international institutions, sovereign catastrophe risk pools, governmental and municipal entities as well as the new Insurance Development Forum. He/she will also provide support in direct interactions with AXA Group’s senior management on a range of topics; on business development in non-PPP sectors; marketing and communications of the parametric department; and any other needed assistance. The Business Developer will work closely with the Marketing and Development Manager and rest of the parametric team to further grow the parametric business and reputation internationally.
Responsibility 1: Business development support
- Assist the Marketing and Development Manager in:
- Implementing the public-private partnership business development strategy and plan
- Managing existing partnerships with the public sector (e.g. World Bank)
- Identifying potential new partners, pitching services, and maintaining good working relationship with these contacts
- Following up of new business opportunities and in the project management of concrete deals together with partners, ensuring smooth flow and advancement
- Supporting interactions with AXA Group’s senior management including the Executive Committee and AXA International and New Markets on PPPs
- Assist the Marketing and Development Manager and wider team in:
- Business development with weather-sensitive businesses and other clients in certain industries and geographical regions
- Interactions with brokers, clients, or other partners and support in pitching our services
- The teams’ attendance at industry-wide networking events
Responsibility 2: Marketing and Communications support
Assist the Marketing and Development Manager in:
- Planning, developing, and implementing all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external
- Preparing comprehensive business pitches for different stakeholders, adapted to their specific case and needs (e.g. international institutions, brokers, weather-sensitive businesses, marketing departments, etc.)
- Revamping marketing material (e.g. client and broker pitches), updating the different examples and numbers cited
- Producing comprehensive marketing materials for team members and AXA regional commercial managers in local entities
Support Marketing and Development Manager in External Communications:
- Editorial direction, design, production and distribution of publications
- Communication of new developments through the production and revamping of comprehensive communication material
- Execution of a proactive media plan, scheduling of interviews and producing content for specialized and influential media platforms
- Assist the CEO in preparing for interviews and other media appearances
- The creation of a parametric webpage and other social media page(s) and content strategy, in line with AXA guidelines
- Support Marketing and Development Manager in Internal Communications:
- Working with internal communications and other departments to ensure consistent and clear messaging and to update on innovations in parametric team.
- Providing information to AXA senior management on parametrics within the development space and more widely
Languages : Fluent English, strong French, and another language is a plus
Strong written and oral communication, business development, project management, time management and organizational skills, presentation, teamworking, problem-solving, numerate, attention to detail
Soft Skills :
Perseverance, adaptability, interest for innovation and insurance, interest in working with the public sector, capacity to build a strong and trustworthy relationship with the partner/ client, personable
Experience: Previous experience in insurance and/or the public sector is a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers
AXA has been developing market-leading expertise in parametrics since 2014, building out a team of data scientists, climatologists and underwriters that specialize in all types of weather and climate risks as well as big data technologies including blockchain. Driven by the success of its parametric solutions, AXA launched AXA Global Parametrics as a subsidiary in 2017 which is now active in 35 countries.
If you want to join a dynamic and challenging environment, do not hesitate to apply !