The mission of the Production Engineering team and the Product Engineer role is to maintain, monitor, qualify, enhance and support daily, weekly, and monthly investment processes (Alpha Production, Alpha Quality) and investment platforms globally and serve as the primary contact point for portfolio managers, traders and operations for issues regarding the investment process.
- Implement, improve, coordinate releases, troubleshoot and administer the Rosenberg Equities investment process globally, in close collaboration with the Research & Models, Portfolio Management, Trading, Investment Platform Engineering teams, and develop and support a series of Decision Support tools to enable the Investment Management companies to act upon the recommendations produced by the investment process in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they occur in our Investment Production Systems in order to produce and deliver alphas consistently, reliably, and in a timely basis as well as facilitate the ability of our Investment teams to continuously execute trade and manage portfolios efficiently with a minimum of error and/or interruption
- Identify and resolve, or coordinate resolution of technical issues, investigating, communicating and solving issues that occur between the trading systems and the operational and engineering systems with which they interface
- Configure and/or implement customizations to systems that optimize the workflow for individual users, specific businesses (Research & Models, Portfolio Management, Trading, Operations).
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced degree or demonstrated skills in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
- Experience or interest in finance/investments/accounting/economics
Knowledge and Skills
- Object-oriented programming (Java, C++, C#)
- Databases (SQL data modeling)
- Scripting language such as Perl
- Able to work in small, multi-office teams where initiative and judgment are key
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability for proper problem escalation
- Track record of working well (contributing, communicating, planning) in a highly collegial team environment
- Strong ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to verbally communicate technical information and explain technical problems and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify pragmatic solutions to urgent technical issues
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.