Real Estate Transactions Associate
The Special Situations team execute real estate transactions on behalf of a wide variety of AXA IM Real Assets' existing clients investing though funds or mandates on a pan-European basis. The role will provide exposure to all real estate asset classes (office, logistics, retail, hotel, healthcare…) including operating businesses.
The role will focus on the following:
- Modelling real estate and corporate acquisitions cash flows
- Drafting AXA IM Real Assets Investment Committee papers
- Contributing to and in some cases leading specific due diligence work streams
- Assisting in the management of corporate aspects of complex real assets transactions including SPV valuation, tax structuring, coordination of financial due diligence and negotiation with counterparts, investors and partners
- Financing & Hedging: assisting in the definition of strategy, sourcing of third party debt and documentation negotiation
- Contributing to the closing of the transactions (e.g. corporate approvals, power of attorneys, wire transfers) with local counsel and acquisition teams
- Perform others tasks and projects as assigned from time to time
- Degree in Finance/Investment Management/Real Estate (or equivalent)
- 3-4 years experience, ideally with exposure to Real Estate transactions and/ or an investment bank/transactions services experience (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in real estate transactions in a variety of asset classes (office, logistics, retail…) is preferred
- Some previous experience in in Audit, Controlling, Investment Banking or Fund Management (ideally with real estate related experience)
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of real estate (players, product and markets) is desired
- Excellent financial, legal and technical grounding and ability to understand all aspects of a transaction in order to identify potential risks
- Analytical skills IT skills (cash flow analysis and forecast)
- Fluency in English. Second European language of advantage
- Ability to work on a multicultural and highly international environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and open-minded with the ability to understand the philosophy and cultural nuances between the various markets
- Organised and thorough, with good attention to detail
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.