The role will be responsible for delivering regular monthly, quarterly and annual investment content as well as helping to develop and deliver the product content marketing plans for AXA IM’s product range across different asset classes, to help drive sales into key growth areas and/or to maintain/defend AXA IM’s market position. This role will require a high level of interaction and close teamwork with business partners and investment platforms to develop and maintain high-quality, first class level content and the ability to translate complex topics into compelling and simple messages.
- Write and edit relevant and insightful investment and financial market-related commentaries across retail and institutional client channels. This will include the following:
- Monthly commentaries for a number of funds and institutional mandates
- Monthly and quarterly market review / outlook commentaries for a number of funds and mandates
- Monthly and quarterly client reporting process, as well as semi-annual/annual regulatory reporting requirements, working to tight timescales
- Work in partnership with the global and local marketing managers to develop and deliver the required product content for strategic and tactical campaigns, primarily focusing on AXA IM’s key products and capabilities across different asset classes, including especially multi-asset, alternatives and ESG . The role may also require the candidate to support product marketing initiatives for other classes (such as equities and fixed income) on an ad hoc basis as the business requires. It is critical for this role to fully understand key client needs/business objectives and make proactive strategic recommendations for client materials.
- Take full responsibility for driving and implementing sales campaigns for multi-asset, ESG, alternative investment products and other asset classes when required, aligned to business priorities, working closely with business development, product specialists and sales to deliver the required product content. This will include developing the messaging framework and proposition for key product/franchises working closely with sales, product specialists and the global marketing team, ensuring that agreed messaging is reflected across all marketing elements.
- Timely delivery of all required product content including, but not limited to: pitch-book presentations, prospecting materials, sales ideas, web content, video content, articles, email content and reporting as and when required. This will involve managing/coordinating the whole production process, working closely with our internal design team and also compliance.
- Generate ideas and deliver new and innovative ways of promoting AXA IM, our capabilities and products to clients.
- Ensure that material complies with corporate standards, that it effectively communicates desired message and meets project deadlines/specifications. Also ensure that content is utilized across all relevant channels, such as media/PR, digital and social media channels.
- Act as editor and proof reader for content created by other people in the business.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with the sales team, portfolio managers, product specialists, operations, corporate communications,local marketing, compliance and other business functions as appropriate.
- Be a proactive member of the global marketing community, actively participating and sharing best practices.
- At least five years’ experience within the asset management or financial industry, with a focus on developing messaging, value propositions and product marketing content.
- Proven product marketing, investment writing and editing skills. They will also have excellent technical knowledge and understanding of investment products, the asset management industry and of financial markets.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different audiences (institutional, fund selectors, professional advisers and end investors), both written and graphically, ranging in knowledge and sophistication
- Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate
- Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficient with statistical information, able to interpret data and used it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams and person (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment. Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude - Superb writing and communication skills
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.