The Data Scientist’s main mission is to provide deep technical expertise and to provide actual solutions to business challenges in data science and behavioural economics.
The data scientist will work closely with operational teams, business teams and technical teams in order to understand their objectives and environment in order to support them in their data transformation.
- Work closely with business experts to understand the operational needs (actuarial, marketing, underwriting …) and translate business needs into concrete data driven solutions
- Collect, understand, analyze, integrate and explore the internal and external data to support business needs
- Apply data science tools to solve business challenges (incl. machine learning)
- Develop and document algorithms and procedures for which he/she will measure the relevance, performance and robustness over time, and improve with the engineering team the IT performance of the models they have developed
- Work in close collaboration with other departments (IT and business) to ensure operational use of results and measure impacts on key business indicators
- Popularize his/hers studies / approaches / solution for a less informed audience by communicating effectively towards the relevant communities and committees, relying on visualization capabilities
- Manage and transmit knowledge through appropriate documentation and events (training courses, seminar, blog posts, etc.)
Scientific backgroung and sqtrong IT skills, 3/5 years of professionnal experience as a Data Scientist, you have:
- A natural curiosity / passion for exploration in order to answer business-driven questions with data
- Good communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, on complex projects that involve many different stakeholders
- Ability to bring a disruptive and innovative mindset
- English—fluent in speaking and writing—mandatory
- Strong scientific education and demonstrated ability to model the reality of business into equations, and to understand the implications and limitations of a model
- Strong experience in data engineering, data preparation and processing (e.g. data mining, social network analysis, text mining, …)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases and queries
- Practice with data visualization (eg. Matplotlib, plot.ly, C3.js, Dataiku, Tableau, Highcharts, etc.)
- Good knowledge and practice of machine learning, including libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, R packages)
- Good awareness on Data Management practices as described for instance in the Data Management Body of Knowledge, including Data Lifecycle Management across Core IT & Big Data ecosystems as well as Data Privacy & Security constraints
- Good understanding and knowledge of the regulatory constraints under which an Insurance company operates
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.