AXA US Internal Audit team exists to help the Board and Executive Management protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization by providing an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. The AXA US Internal Audit team reports directly to AXA Financial Audit Committee.
We are a high performing team and our ideal candidate has a background in risk and control functions, is a self- starter, great collaborator and has demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be smart, dedicated, fun and have a passion for learning.
Audit Practices & Governance is responsible for maintaining and enhancing practices, policies and tools used by the Internal Audit department. This position encompasses opportunities to develop strategic solutions in support of best-in-class audit practices and techniques. The successful candidate will:
• Enhance and implement audit best practices, processes and strategy, and present opportunities for improvement
• Assist in the department’s mandated procedures through on-going, comprehensive analysis of relevant professional standards and supervisory guidance
• Contribute to the accuracy, completeness, and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting to the Audit Committee, Senior Management, and Group Audit, as well as weekly dashboard reporting to the Internal Audit Leadership team
• Maintain Internal Audit’s issue tracking, scheduling, and administration databases, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of inputs and delivery of key outputs
• Support and provide training for changes in the global platform for the Internal Audit electronic audit management system
• Assist in establishing, organizing and leading Internal Audit’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
• Maintain the Internal Audit department’s calendar of key events
• Assist in managing and conducting knowledge/learning/training events
• Build and maintain key relationships across the Internal Audit department, establishing a culture of engagement and adding value to the department
• 6+ years of experience in project management and reporting within a control function (internal audit, compliance, risk management, etc.) of large, global financial institutions
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong MS Excel skills (experience with Macros, Visual Basic Scripting and TSQL a plus)
• General understanding of relational databases, MS Access and MS SQL Server
• Strong MS PowerPoint and Visio skills
• Proven track record regarding ability to build good working relationships
• Ability to hold firm to a point of view when required
• Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility and accountability
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers..